• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

newsmy tablet and adb

johnboy99

Lurker
Jul 17, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get ADB working with a tablet called "newsmy t3". If I run ADB devices I get an empty list. In Linux, the USB mass storage is correctly reported. I think the problem is that the tablet is not fully recognised by the operating system and so the USB debug channel is not substantiated. I have tried both Linux (Fedora16) and Windows (Vista). Other Android devices seem to work OK. The USB Vendor Code is reported as 2207 and the USB Product code is 0000.
I have tried manipulating the udev rules.d file in Linux as per various suggestions and this has not helped. There was no CD or DVD supplied with the product.

Does any one know how to get hold of either the Linux or Windows drivers for the "newsmy t3" or how to get ADB to work in this situation

... many thanks in advance for any responses posted :)

Hi johnboy99

If you have access to your serial number for your T3 you can go to newsmy englis website under support you enter your serial number and you should be able to find them drivers your looking for ... thats if you haven try that yet... but if its like my tablet the serial number is unknow in that case i have nothing for you since i am still looking for my drivers ...

hope this help
cheers

Upvote 0
On the supposed driver download page...
error.jpg

...that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Beijing Newsmy Ideal Digital Technology Co., Ltd. products. :rolleyes:

Could try the Chinese download page....
http://www.newsmy.com/validationAdmin/DownLoadCenter.aspx
Run it through Google Translate, you might find the drivers here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones