• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4.

No it can not be flashed to metro because non of the cellular technology in the phone is compatible with metros network. In my opinion (biased towards metro) save an extra 200 or 100 & buy the S3 rumors are that they're is going to be a $100 rebate on black friday.
Metros 4GLTE network is rapidly getting better just in the past 2 days my speeds have almost quadrupled from about 2mbps to 10mbps while Straight Talk is using the older & less efficient HSPA+ network.
The only thing I like about the Nexus 4 is no bloatware & you always get the latest update, as I said I would just get the S3

Upvote 0
No it can not be flashed to metro because non of the cellular technology in the phone is compatible with metros network. In my opinion (biased towards metro) save an extra 200 or 100 & buy the S3 rumors are that they're is going to be a $100 rebate on black friday.
Metros 4GLTE network is rapidly getting better just in the past 2 days my speeds have almost quadrupled from about 2mbps to 10mbps while Straight Talk is using the older & less efficient HSPA+ network.
The only thing I like about the Nexus 4 is no bloatware & you always get the latest update, as I said I would just get the S3

I've been getting 10mbps with straight talk. Where as metros "lte" was only pushing 1.3. Hspa is older but the battery life you save vs lte is astounding. Speeds are speeds no matter what the name of the network.

Plus the nexus is 299 from the play store so you would actually save that 200 bucks by NOT buying the s3.

I was with metro for 5 years and loved every minute. Up until I left, it was the best move I had ever made. Leaving and getting the nexus on straight talk is now the best move I've ever made.

Upvote 0
Metro has been good to me for the most part... but our time together may be over soon - ST and TM have a lot to offer by way of comparison, and considering the BYOD policy - it's starting to look better each day I think about it.
For me, the Galaxy Note 2 is far too attractive to ignore at this point (considering what I need for work)... including the Nexus, for that matter - it too is an awesome piece of hardware.

Don't get me wrong - the SGSIII is an amazing phone, and will continue to be for quite some time, I'm sure - but we all have different needs... who knows at this point. I may eventually opt for an Abacus and paper cup attached to a string.
:eek:

Reactions: Fuzzy13
Upvote 0
I've been getting 10mbps with straight talk. Where as metros "lte" was only pushing 1.3. Hspa is older but the battery life you save vs lte is astounding. Speeds are speeds no matter what the name of the network.
Plus the nexus is 299 from the play store so you would actually save that 200 bucks by NOT buying the s3.
Well to your 1st point about battery life HSPA vs LTE, The battery life on LTE devices are getting better as we speak my LG Motion 4G with a dual core 1512mhz can last me the full day while my old LG Optimus M (3G) 600mhz couldn't
Speed, HSPA vs LTE right now they get about the same speed but LTE is more efficient if a carrier was to use the same spectrum amount for both with the same amount of users on them LTE would be 20-30% faster & that will matter starting next year when Metro/Tmobile start using 20mhz for LTE. No carrier that has HSPA now has any plans to upgrade they're HSPA network other than tmobile & all tmobile is doing is a major spectrum reframing to allow for a faster, better LTE network.
I had meant save an extra $200 so you can put that on top of the $300 so you can buy the S3 because my opinion is the S3 is superior other than processor to the Nexus 4 and honestly I am biased in favor of metro because when i left Cingular Metropcs was the cheapest thing out there & they've built they're network from the ground up & what if 1 day tmobile and AT&T just come one day and say that straight talk customers are using too much of the network & after a customer pasts 200mb for the whole month they're throttling them to .07mbps what can straight talk do its not there network & somewhere in there MVNO contract it probably says that AT&T & tmobile can do that
Well I'm done

Upvote 0
Metro has been good to me for the most part... but our time together may be over soon - ST and TM have a lot to offer by way of comparison, and considering the BYOD policy - it's starting to look better each day I think about it.
For me, the Galaxy Note 2 is far too attractive to ignore at this point (considering what I need for work)... including the Nexus, for that matter - it too is an awesome piece of hardware.

Don't get me wrong - the SGSIII is an amazing phone, and will continue to be for quite some time, I'm sure - but we all have different needs... who knows at this point. I may eventually opt for an Abacus and paper cup attached to a string.
:eek:

The note 2 is the best phone on the market at the moment. Metro was great while it lasted but there's better out there for the same price. Plus you can pick your phone. ;)

Upvote 0
Metro has been good to me for the most part... but our time together may be over soon - ST and TM have a lot to offer by way of comparison, and considering the BYOD policy - it's starting to look better each day I think about it. For me, the Galaxy Note 2 is far too attractive to ignore at this point (considering what I need for work)... including the Nexus, for that matter - it too is an awesome piece of hardware.
Well remember this the latest & greatest phone only has that title for about 2 months before something comes up & outshines it, when the s3 came out it was the latest & greatest that only lasted about 2 months because then the LG Optimus G was announced & just days after that the iPhone 5 came out(somehow it got the title) then 2 months later we're here at the nexus 4

Upvote 0
im sticking around waiting for the good phones to come in cuz i dont want to lose my $55 plan but thats me.
we dont owe jack to these corporations. if a better deal comes along you'd be dumb to not jump on it.
do whats best for YOU.
I know what you mean I was gonna go to ST i even had the service early this year I had the service for about 2 weeks I had bought a Galaxy Nexus off the play store but I had just wanted to test it out because i was having terrible speeds on metro but then I heard about the 2GB a month policy then my friend said he needed a penta band phone because he would be traveling all over the Caribbean & central America so I sold it to him & reactivated my connect but now I couldn't be happier with my metro service

Upvote 0
The note 2 is the best phone on the market at the moment. Metro was great while it lasted but there's better out there for the same price. Plus you can pick your phone. ;)

Well remember this the latest & greatest phone only has that title for about 2 months before something comes up & outshines it, when the s3 came out it was the latest & greatest that only lasted about 2 months because then the LG Optimus G was announced & just days after that the iPhone 5 came out(somehow it got the title) then 2 months later we're here at the nexus 4

Ed Zachary...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones