• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6p turning off at 30% battery + battery drain?

cartochris

Lurker
Oct 20, 2016
Hi

Around a week after buying my Nexus 6p I managed to stupidly drop it and the screen cracked. I took it to an independent mobile phone repairer who replaced the screen with no issues.

Over summer I found that the screen started to unglue a bit around the sides of the device including what appears to be the frame itself and I have to push it back together so the power and volume buttons work! Since then whenever the battery reaches around 30%, it turns itself off. After I restart the battery can then be down to 15% or lower, it will then turn off again and the battery goes down to less than 5%.

I am trying to work out if this might be an issue with the battery itself, or something to do with the internals of the system.

Is this problem more likely to be an issue with the battery, or would a factory reset be more likely to cure the problem?

Thanks

Hey @cartocrhis, unfortunately, it sounds like your problems do indeed stem from the dropping incident and would not likely be a software issue.

Things are packed pretty tight inside our devices and if they're not put back just right, who can say what might not work :( (i.e., what's a loose or impinged connection, etc.).

If you could find someone that really knows the internal hardware layout of the 6P and can tell what might be going on, that might be the way to go, otherwise, as we've seen in the news recently, you don't want to have any questions about your battery being anything other than 100% good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones