• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 N00b

Hi,

Isn't it unusual someone joined at 1:30am NOT to spam? :D (speaking as a former moderator...spammers LOVE to complete their registration and post their nonsense in the middle of the night)

Back to the intro: A lifelong Windows user. Went from desktop to notebook three years ago, three days ago ordered a tablet online from WalMart

I'll have some very basic questions, as this is my second non-Windows device, and second touch-driven device. My first was a Nook Simple touch, which is fine, but the kind of technical ebooks I read don't render well in a 800x600 resolution at all if images or tables are very big....1280x800 is much cleaner.

The tablet: a refurbished Nexus 7 2012, 7 inch, 16 GB, WiFi

Platform: Android
Condition: Refurbished
Primary Color: Brown
Processor Brand: NVIDIA
Processor Type: NVIDIA Tegra 3 T30L Quad-Core Processor
Processor Speed: 1.20 GHz
System Ram: 1 GB
Hard Drive Size: 16 GB (can't add memory)
Laptop Screen Size: N/A
Screen Type: Capacitive Touch Display
Battery Life: 9 hours 30 minutes
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Network Connection: 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connector Type: 1 x Aux Audio, 1 x MicroUSB 2.0, 1 x USB 2.0
Operating System: Google Android
Accessories Included: AC Adapter
Operating System Version: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Model No.: RNEXUS7 ASUS-1B1
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 0.75
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 0.4 x 4.7 x 7.8

Hello TabletCat. Welcome to Android Forums. You have no doubt been schooled as the way of spammers the hard way... as we all have. Congrats on the new tablet. We do have a discussion area just for your Nexus 7. I assume it's a 2013 model. Here is a link to that area: Nexus 7 (2013) - Android Forums
It's there that you will find the other owners of that tablet. You will find existing discussions with tips and tricks as well as threads of assistance. It should prove interesting as well as informative. The area should help you get the best performance and use from your new tablet. Have fun with your new tablet and thanks for joining these forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones