• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nexus 7 root help

Which version of Android did your Nexus 7 come with? If it came with 4.3, Jelly Bean, you should be using TWRP 2.8.7.0. If it came with 5.0, Lollipop, you need to run the version for multi-rom.
Not really, I'm currently running 2.8.6.0 with LP just fine [emoji6]

It seems the issue is with trying to install the MM Elemental kernel and TWRP. At least from a quick look at the xda thread.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
ive had my tablet rooted now and got elementalx onit. but now want timurs rom. can any1 tell me how to do this. thanks

can any1 help. thanks
Download the ROM and GApps and save them to your internal storage. Next boot into your custom recovery (if you have a custom kernel you should have a custom recovery); do a full wipe and then flash the ROM and GApps you saved on your tablet. You might want to do a backup first, but that's up to you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones