• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music App

Can someone tell me the name of a good music app. I've got 7 or 8 gbs. of cd's that i want to put into an app, and then download the music into my Galaxy S22 Ultra. Thanks. P.S. I have a 2013 Macbook Pro.

To rip/convert the CDs to MP3, AAC, or Apple Lossless(ALAC), you can just use the Macbook's Apple Music(formerly iTunes) app. And then copy(download) the Music folder and files to the phone's storage. This is exactly what I do with CDs, to put them on my Samsung phone. I use an external USB CD/DVD drive as modern Macbooks don't have optical drives in them now.

For a music player on the S22, I suggest Foobar2000, I've been using this for years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To rip/convert the CDs to MP3, AAC, or Apple Lossless(ALAC), you can just use the Macbook's Apple Music(formerly iTunes) app. And then copy(download) the Music folder and files to the phone's storage. This is exactly what I do with CDs, to put them on my Samsung phone. I use an external USB CD/DVD drive as modern Macbooks don't have optical drives in them now.

For a music player on the S22, I suggest Foobar2000, I've been using this for years.

Upvote 0
2013 MacBook Pro is somewhat dated, most likely still running an MacOS version that still includes the iTunes application, yes? Well no matter if its Apple Music or iTunes, I'll suggest you try using fre:ac to rip your CDs instead. It's free and no ads with a long, tested history and it has more user-controllable features/options. Allows you to build up your music library outside of any DRM nonsense that might come into effect using Apple's software.
https://www.freac.org/downloads-mainmenu-33
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fre:ac

Reactions: Davdi
Upvote 0
Honestly I use Samsung Music for local music. I usually have it and PlayerPro Legacy with each set up with a different playlist so I can easily start whatever playlist I want by tapping the play button on their respective widgets without having to open the app up. I'm one of them old farts who has 3K songs on the phone's storage (via an SD card). I don't do streaming. I hike a lot and many areas have spotty service and using the cellular network can use more battery.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Honestly I use Samsung Music for local music. I usually have it and PlayerPro Legacy with each set up with a different playlist so I can easily start whatever playlist I want by tapping the play button on their respective widgets without having to open the app up. I'm one of them old farts who has 3K songs on the phone's storage (via an SD card). I don't do streaming. I hike a lot and many areas have spotty service and using the cellular network can use more battery.
I also have a lot of music on my SD card, which is pretty old, and I'm glad I have it when I'm in places with a bad internet connection. All my friends make fun of me because I feel like I'm stuck in time, but I do not care

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Oh I get the futurist onslaught too. "Music? on your PHONE? There's this new app out called Pandora!"

As well as "Streaming is the future.." Sure, if you support the infrastructure behind 'you'll own nothing and you will be happy'. No thanks. I also don't believe in updates, or needing internet for basics such as listening to music or reading books or playing a movie. Some things are best left to simple means and not needing the internet. There's honestly toasters that use wifi. No thanks.

Up until early 2023 the reactions to me still using an HTC Thunderbolt bordered on the "whoa! that's a neat screen (they saw Sense 3 for the first time!) what phone is that? to the more common and absurd "hey 2011 called, they want their phone back!"

I don't really get what I'm doing to them to encur those reactions. I've also had folks use the slippery slope fallacy against me "You folks clinging to outdated tech is holding us all back! You probably enjoy oil lamps and a horse and buggy don't ya?"

Honestly what is it about my lifetstyle that makes them get their fur up? I'm not stopping them from consuming until the earth becomes unlivable from e-waste!

Upvote 0
I also have a lot of music on my SD card, which is pretty old, and I'm glad I have it when I'm in places with a bad internet connection. All my friends make fun of me because I feel like I'm stuck in time, but I do not care

If I had friends who were that shallow and petty, quite frankly I'd be looking for some new friends.

Upvote 0
Oh I get the futurist onslaught too. "Music? on your PHONE? There's this new app out called Pandora!"

As well as "Streaming is the future.." Sure, if you support the infrastructure behind 'you'll own nothing and you will be happy'. No thanks. I also don't believe in updates, or needing internet for basics such as listening to music or reading books or playing a movie. Some things are best left to simple means and not needing the internet. There's honestly toasters that use wifi. No thanks.

Up until early 2023 the reactions to me still using an HTC Thunderbolt bordered on the "whoa! that's a neat screen (they saw Sense 3 for the first time!) what phone is that? to the more common and absurd "hey 2011 called, they want their phone back!"

I don't really get what I'm doing to them to encur those reactions. I've also had folks use the slippery slope fallacy against me "You folks clinging to outdated tech is holding us all back! You probably enjoy oil lamps and a horse and buggy don't ya?"

Honestly what is it about my lifetstyle that makes them get their fur up? I'm not stopping them from consuming until the earth becomes unlivable from e-waste!
I think the hipsters might admire your lifestyle @nickdalzell

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If I had friends who were that shallow and petty, quite frankly I'd be looking for some new friends.
yes..

Oh On topic: Since my steaming cuts off like twenty minutes, but I am glad they last over about an hour and half,but I am wondering if there is a groovy Youtube downloader for my windows for converter, not looking for worms or anything bigger then Demin showing off the legs, kind of deal, but I am looking for that classy lady look that cannot bring you down, of a downloader converter for it, any recommendations, again not looking for anything warm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones