• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus Moves 20,000 Units in Its First Week

Prices for technology always drops. If you want something first its a well known fact that you pay for it.

If you wait you chance on obsolescence during your expected lifetime for the device.

If people want to pay full price upfront (like I did - $530) then its up to them and they shouldn't have to face being called a fanboy just because they did. I'm glad I bought it now as I believe I'll get a year out of it before I get the itch to move on again.

Sure wait 3 months and pay $400 for the N1 but then you're already 3 months nearer to something else you want to replace it with, so have you really saved $130?

Upvote 0
Presumably, if you're willing to wait 3 months to get a phone at a cheaper price, you're willing to get the next phone at a cheaper price, so the point of being proximal to the next greatest phone is moot. The point is, she will have the same great phone as you for a majority of its life span having spent 25% or more less than someone who is an early adopter.

Upvote 0
quick question for NowVoyager, where/when did you hear about the price drop and when will it be effective?

It starts here:
Google Cuts Nexus One Price For Some T-Mobile Subscribers - WSJ.com

And with the truck load of complaints it has been receiving, I don't doubt that further adjustments are on the horizon. Not to mention that once 2.1 is released to the Android community (officially) then the only difference btw the N1 and any other droid will be native speed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones