• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This is 1080p and this is why I abandoned my Nexus One!

Wow. Many different opinions on the iTunes thing. I love iTunes. I let that thing do it's work! In the options I check mark "Let iTunes manage my music" and "Copy music to iTunes Folder." All of the music files themselves get renamed and arranged into folders with each album getting it's own folder. Then with my iDevices... I just plug them in and iTunes just knows what to do. I don't have to think about it.

A problem with what iTunes does though is that if you let iTunes "automatically download album art", it does not put the art directly into the individual file's ID3 tag. It's in another folder and tied to the music through the iTunes Library's XML file. That's why the album art on my Nexus was so wonky. I could have stuck it out with the Nexus... but I would have to spend a while going though all of my music and manually adding artwork to every file (I am anal about that... my music HAS to have artwork). But instead... I went for ease of use... the iPhone.
Plus... album art wasn't the only thing wrong. Tags were wrong. It just wasn't enjoyable to use in my car.

I think this Nexus thing is going to get very interesting with the phone available on every carrier! I personally think having a Sprint Nexus One would be the best bang for anyone's buck!

Upvote 0
Hopefully there will be a phone to tempt you back to the Android side of things sooner or later ;)

That's the thing. The Nexus hardware is beautiful. I love MOST of Android. The design of the OS is genius. I like how universal some things are. On an iPhone app, I have to look for the on screen button ("i") for the app's options and settings. With Android, the Menu key gives it to me an ANY app.

With 2.1 they brought in the eye candy (3D Launcher, animations and live wallpaper). I always thought they needed some of that.

I just think that Google needs to hire a dedicated team to focus on Android multimedia... not just for phones... but they could tap into an entirely different market. Take aim at iPod Touch and Zune HD.

With the open market place, I am very surprised that developer has not made a better music player. Hell... even of they blatantly rip off the "iPod" app from the iPhone.

Oh well. I change phones like I change underwear, so I will be back! :D

Upvote 0
I think the original poster's main issue is that he likes iTunes. Personally, I think iTunes is one of the biggest, most bloated pieces of crap software ever. It's designed to keep you from doing what you want to do. I can't tell you how many times iTunes has tried to keep me from transferring music that I paid for from an old computer to a new computer to a new device. Sure, in the end I usually get the job done, but why put up with that? And you are basically REQUIRED to use that piece of crap software with an iPhone.

Upvote 0
I think the original poster's main issue is that he likes iTunes. Personally, I think iTunes is one of the biggest, most bloated pieces of crap software ever. It's designed to keep you from doing what you want to do. I can't tell you how many times iTunes has tried to keep me from transferring music that I paid for from an old computer to a new computer to a new device. Sure, in the end I usually get the job done, but why put up with that? And you are basically REQUIRED to use that piece of crap software with an iPhone.

I can understand someone who has frustration from the scenario you mentioned. I however never bought from it until after they ditched DRM... so I never had to worry about it.

Upvote 0
You can actually thank the music industry for that and not iTunes. That's part of the DRM legacy. With the new iTunes plus, this is no longer a problem. You can transfer your purchased music to any computer you want: it's not protected.

Upvote 0
As someone with an iPhone who is considering the Verizon Nexus One, I care. Not sure how you can speak for everybody, but put me down as someone and not no one.

there are plenty of other posts you can read if you know how to search. the op announcing that he's returning the phone is as mundane as announcing to the world every time he takes goes to the bathroom.

Upvote 0
It sucks that you are returning to the side of evil, but I think your music player/library could be contributed to Itunes and its wanky way of arranging music automatically.

My files are arranged Artist folder/album folder/song files and the Droid read the id3 tags i guess and put it all into order with thumbnails of the album cover and everything. I found it more intuitive and reliable than my now-defunct Ipod. I had an enormous amount of trouble trying to get my files from itunes/windows partition of my computer, but when I dragged and dropped from the linux partition, everything lined up neatly. :eek:

Upvote 0
there are plenty of other posts you can read if you know how to search. the op announcing that he's returning the phone is as mundane as announcing to the world every time he takes goes to the bathroom.
Are there others that get into the specifics (particularly the media player specifics) on here? If so, I guess I just missed them. Sorry for caring when I shouldn't have. I suppose, your response could be given for 90% of the posts here: use the search function. Would save lots of bandwidth, methinks.

Upvote 0
ok, good for you and maybe you should grow up and learn how to use the search function

WTF are you talking about?? Your comment has nothing to do with me defending another forum member and his experiences. Why would the search function do any good?

You have anger issues and need to chill, dude.

If people like you continue to lambaste people that voice their opinions, negative or positive, then the search function would be useless anyway, because you'd run them all off with your attitude.

Wow. How old are you, about 12?
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
what is tfsm? i was just asking what happened to my original post which i posted, but then i guess was deleted. why dont you tell everyone else who says they dont care, to take it easy.

TFSM: The Flying Spaghetti Monster (or just FSM if you will)... anyways, obviously i didnt say "take it easy" just because you asked about your post.. i said it because: " no one cares that you are ditching the n1. why dont you tweet about this or something, another useless website".... and yes i previously said to everyone that was been rude.. "easy guys... no need to get all jakie chan on him"

Upvote 0
I think both sides offer clear advantages.

Apple definitely does have that "smooth" feel to it.

Android's do have power though, just so much freedom I love it.

I would have to say the only thing I don't like about it is the limited ability to stream media online. I am not sure if it is different on other phones but on my cliq I am pretty much limited to youtube, unless of course I am overlooking something (which is very possible)

That being said I have an Android phone, but I also have an iTouch
When it comes down to it, I like Apple for music much more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones