• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help NFC Chip - included or not?

No worries :)

There's always been a "will they or won't they" issue with NFC. Initially was rumoured to be released in June, then it was believed that all phones came with an inactive NFC chip which would be activated by firmware as and when the UK got NFC compatible, then not at all so I don't blame you for asking!!

*edit*

Don't let this put you off getting the phone though, as Netcom have created a microSD card with NFC capabilities!

Upvote 0
No worries :)

There's always been a "will they or won't they" issue with NFC. Initially was rumoured to be released in June, then it was believed that all phones came with an inactive NFC chip which would be activated by firmware as and when the UK got NFC compatible, then not at all so I don't blame you for asking!!

*edit*

Don't let this put you off getting the phone though, as Netcom have created a microSD card with NFC capabilities!

Alright, thanks again!
I'll update as soon as I get myself one :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones