• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NFL Mobile Like App...But Different?

S

SpasticPat

I had an idea for an app but I don't know if it's in the market yet or not so I'm posting this here. My idea is, as far as I can tell from searching, every NFL team has its own radio network. For example the Pittsburgh Steelers have WDVE 102.5 in Pittsburgh and the Ravens have Easy 97.7. These stations are each available online. You may see what I'm thinking.

An app that puts all the NFL teams' radio networks into one place. Kind of like iHeartRadio but you wouldn't have to search for the station, each team would have their radio station in the list on this app and you would just have to tap/select the one you want to listen to and you're listening to that team's radio station and hearing about the game.

I know there are apps out there nowadays so you can get updates and some cable providers give you access to all the games, but this would be free because the stations are free online. So if you're curious about that game on the other side of the country and you don't get the channel and are not near a computer you can just open up this app (I haven't named it yet) and listen to the radio broadcast of that game.

Do I have any feedback? Suggestions? If I create this, I'd like to know exactly what people want and build it.

For example the Pittsburgh Steelers have WDVE 102.5 in Pittsburgh and the Ravens have Easy 97.7.

Each NFL team has an entire radio NETWORK, consisting of many radio stations throughout its state and/or area. For example, the Browns are heard on over 20 stations throughout Ohio.

These stations are each available online.

Correct, the radio stations can all be listened to online. However, you cannot listen to NFL broadcasts online due to rights issue. You can only listen to online nfl radio broadcasts on nfl.com.

An app that puts all the NFL teams' radio networks into one place. Kind of like iHeartRadio but you wouldn't have to search for the station, each team would have their radio station in the list on this app and you would just have to tap/select the one you want to listen to and you're listening to that team's radio station and hearing about the game.

This will only work if you are authorized by the NFL to do this. Which I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt you are.

Upvote 0
Correct, the radio stations can all be listened to online. However, you cannot listen to NFL broadcasts online due to rights issue. You can only listen to online nfl radio broadcasts on nfl.com.

not true my good friend i live in ontario and listen to a buffalo radio station (not a bills fan) but i cant use that stations app to listen to the games

and OP your idea would be amazing if only i were a developer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones