• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
well its official......anthony lynn is gone from the chargers. lets see who we bring in. i like eric bienenmy. he was mentioned during their last game. he is the offensive coordinator for the chiefs. but we shall see.
He is on the short list of every team looking for a coach.

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Which means that we will probably not get him then:saddroid::saddroid::saddroid:
You have the talent, so why not. If the past three years with Mahomes are any indication, at least offensively he won't pry defeat from the jaws of victory as the Chargers are wont to do. Plus bring in a defensive guy to take advantage of Bosa and the talent you have on that side of the ball and all you have to do is get by the Chiefs year after year. :eek:

Honestly, I think your bigger issue landing him is that it is in the division. I think he would go to a team outside of the division out of respect for Andy Ried. Other than Brian Flores from NE to MIA, I can't think of too many amicable intra-division head coach hires. It is more often acrimonious (see Mangini to the Jets) or a fired coordinator taking a HC job for another team in the division.

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You have the talent, so why not. If the past three years with Mahomes are any indication, at least offensively he won't pry defeat from the jaws of victory as the Chargers are wont to do. Plus bring in a defensive guy to take advantage of Bosa and the talent you have on that side of the ball and all you have to do is get by the Chiefs year after year. :eek:

Honestly, I think your bigger issue landing him is that it is in the division. I think he would go to a team outside of the division out of respect for Andy Ried. Other than Brian Flores from NE to MIA, I can't think of too many amicable intra-division head coach hires. It is more often acrimonious (see Mangini to the Jets) or a fired coordinator taking a HC job for another team in the division.
well the other factor of getting him is how much are the chargers willing to pay for a head coach. we are one of the cheapest teams when it comes to money......so we shall see.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
We are in for a fun weekend packed with do or die football. I don't know about you but I have the entire weekend slated for football.
The playoff games, more often than not, are a lot more exciting and closer games than the Super Bowl. Do you have a team still in the hunt? Have you picked who you think will make it to the big dance?
I'm never any good at picking teams so I don't to avoid the embarrassment. My favorite teams are still in this thing but I'm well aware of both team's weaknesses. Though I would love to see them meet and one ultimately represent the AFC, I sure have my doubts.

Let the games begin.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
We are in for a fun weekend packed with do or die football. I don't know about you but I have the entire weekend slated for football.
The playoff games, more often than not, are a lot more exciting and closer games than the Super Bowl. Do you have a team still in the hunt? Have you picked who you think will make it to the big dance?
I'm never any good at picking teams so I don't to avoid the embarrassment. My favorite teams are still in this thing but I'm well aware of both team's weaknesses. Though I would love to see them meet and one ultimately represent the AFC, I sure have my doubts.

Let the games begin.
well so far i'm rooting for the chiefs.......i guess i'm more of an AFC guy. and i'm forced now to also root for the Rams, which i dislike very much.....LOL

Upvote 0
well so far i'm rooting for the chiefs.......i guess i'm more of an AFC guy. and i'm forced now to also root for the Rams, which i dislike very much.....LOL
There is nothing wrong with rooting for the Chiefs. I've been rooting for them since they came to KC. The Rams defense looked formidable. Goff looked good considering his thumb was just broke. I was rooting for the Seahawks and thought they would be the better team. Not so. The Colts and Bills put up an entertaining game. Naturally I was rooting for the Colts. I would love to see the Brady Bucks lose to Washington but I don't see it happening.

Upvote 0
There is nothing wrong with rooting for the Chiefs. I've been rooting for them since they came to KC. The Rams defense looked formidable. Goff looked good considering his thumb was just broke. I was rooting for the Seahawks and thought they would be the better team. Not so. The Colts and Bills put up an entertaining game. Naturally I was rooting for the Colts. I would love to see the Brady Bucks lose to Washington but I don't see it happening.
yeah definitely not a brady fan....though i have a huge respect for the guy. its close right now. lets see what happens in the final minutes.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
yeah definitely not a brady fan....though i have a huge respect for the guy. its close right now. lets see what happens in the final minutes.
There was hope for a while but Washington is running out of time and needs eight to tie. I share your admiration for Brady but I'm no fan. Nobody can deny his talent.

Upvote 0
yeah holy crap what a way to start the browns first playoff game in 18 years!!!!

its a long game and i have a feeling the steelers will bounce back and make this a game.
At least they finally got on the board. I'd like to see them make a game of it but they dug a pretty deep hole. At least score up enough to stop stinking up the place and make the game watchable.

Upvote 0
Crazy bad luck. I do believe that was the worst start I've ever seen lol. It didn't get much better the rest of the game. :) I wonder if big Ben will retire. After tonight's game? I believe I'd just silently drift off into NFL lore. :) True, it wasn't all on him but most of it was. Watching them tonight it is hard to figure how they went 11 straight games without a loss. Injuries, sure, they had their share. Jacked around schedule, sure, they had more than their share. But in the end you have to surmise they weren't all that and luck caught up with them. They beat themselves badly.
Next week my Chiefs get to host Baker and Co. Steeler D is superior to the Chiefs. Can KC put up sixty points? :) At least they get a chance to vindicate that butt whoopin the Steelers earned.

Upvote 0
Not NFL but sticking this in here,.. it doesn't merit a thread

Anyone watching the college football championship game tonight? I don't follow collegiate football but watch the championship most every year. I managed to watch the two playoff games this year so I'm interested in the championship.
don't want to support college sports right now. if schools are being shutdown, so should sports. but i get it.....there is big money in college sports.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones