• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ninjamorph help custom battery icon

finnaginagain

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2010
Im on Cm7 and i have used Metamorph on my OG droid but i know that it doesnt work with GB so i have switched to ninjamorph problem is the custom battery icons i want to use are not in .apk or.jar format i will attach the zip here if anyone could help me out that would be fantastic thanks!

Attachments

• CustomRoundBattery.zip
    72.7 KB · Views: 142
Im on Cm7 and i have used Metamorph on my OG droid but i know that it doesnt work with GB so i have switched to ninjamorph problem is the custom battery icons i want to use are not in .apk or.jar format i will attach the zip here if anyone could help me out that would be fantastic thanks!

I wrote this up a while ago, and made some edits so that it applies to your icons.

Here is how to change the battery images using NinjaMorph. Download and unzip the battery icon .zip file and place the icons on your sd card in a spot where you can easily find them, I used a folder named "Battery". The items you will be changing are as follows:

Battery Images

stat_sys_battery_0.png
stat_sys_battery_10.png
stat_sys_battery_20.png
stat_sys_battery_40.png
stat_sys_battery_60.png
stat_sys_battery_80.png
stat_sys_battery_100.png

stat_sys_battery_charge_anim0.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim1.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim2.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim3.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim4.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim5.png

stat_sys_battery_unknown.png

I wrote this rather quickly so if you have questions just let me know.

Assuming you already know the name of the icons you want to replace and the location of your new icons on you SDcard you need to do the following once you've started NinjaMorph.

1. New Project >system >framework >framework-res.apk. It will then extact a bunch of files.
2. Select res >drawable-hdpi.
3. Scroll through the list of .png files, find the one you want to replace and press on it. (should be about 3/4 of the way down the list)
4. You are then taken to the root of your SDcard where you pick the new png file. Once you find your new icon file select it, you will get a confirmation message (overwriting), select Yes.

Continue repeating steps 2-4 until you are done replacing all of the images, once you are done replacing the images continue below.

Now that you are done replacing your files and you are back to step 2 (where you have the assets, META-INF and res folders) press the blue back button (bottom right) and select Finish Project then "framework-resapk" it will then create the package and you will get a confirmation message (overwriting), select Yes, the next confirmation message is asking if you want to ZipAlign the apk file, read the message and select yes or no(i use yes), then you get the last confirmation saying that you will need to reboot, select Ok. If you were unable to hit yes when the last message popped up (asking you to delete the project) delete it the next time you start NinjaMorph). Your phone will now reboot with your new icons in place.

Upvote 0
I wrote this up a while ago, and made some edits so that it applies to your icons.

Here is how to change the battery images using NinjaMorph. Download and unzip the battery icon .zip file and place the icons on your sd card in a spot where you can easily find them, I used a folder named "Battery". The items you will be changing are as follows:

Battery Images

stat_sys_battery_0.png
stat_sys_battery_10.png
stat_sys_battery_20.png
stat_sys_battery_40.png
stat_sys_battery_60.png
stat_sys_battery_80.png
stat_sys_battery_100.png

stat_sys_battery_charge_anim0.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim1.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim2.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim3.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim4.png
stat_sys_battery_charge_anim5.png

stat_sys_battery_unknown.png

I wrote this rather quickly so if you have questions just let me know.

Assuming you already know the name of the icons you want to replace and the location of your new icons on you SDcard you need to do the following once you've started NinjaMorph.

1. New Project >system >framework >framework-res.apk. It will then extact a bunch of files.
2. Select res >drawable-hdpi.
3. Scroll through the list of .png files, find the one you want to replace and press on it. (should be about 3/4 of the way down the list)
4. You are then taken to the root of your SDcard where you pick the new png file. Once you find your new icon file select it, you will get a confirmation message (overwriting), select Yes.

Continue repeating steps 2-4 until you are done replacing all of the images, once you are done replacing the images continue below.

Now that you are done replacing your files and you are back to step 2 (where you have the assets, META-INF and res folders) press the blue back button (bottom right) and select Finish Project then "framework-resapk" it will then create the package and you will get a confirmation message (overwriting), select Yes, the next confirmation message is asking if you want to ZipAlign the apk file, read the message and select yes or no(i use yes), then you get the last confirmation saying that you will need to reboot, select Ok. If you were unable to hit yes when the last message popped up (asking you to delete the project) delete it the next time you start NinjaMorph). Your phone will now reboot with your new icons in place.

i do believe you are missing a few.
30, 50, 70, 90 to be exact lol
and since he is on cm7 i do believe its in 1% increments.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones