• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No 3g for a month.

Does anyone know when it will be back up in the Greensboro NC area? VM customer service is no help

(Sigh)

This may be a problem that has been discussed at length on other threads. To quote myself from a couple of months ago:

"As has been posted on this, and other threads, apparently Virgin Mobile is in the process of rolling their accounts into Sprint's system. There seems to be a glitch where 3G service is HIGHLY throttled (to the point of uselessness) due to previous TOTAL 3G usage. Once the account resets with a monthly payment, 3G usage zeros out and is restored. In other words, Sprint's system views the old VM account as having maxed out 3G service for the month and throttles it down, even though it has not been used.

A Virgin Mobile tech went to the lengths of needlessly replacing my phone (an Elite) and it still did not resolve the problem of no 3G. However, the day my auto-payment processed for my new month, 3G service was restored. I have had good 3G service since.

Virgin Mobile's CSRs are CLUELESS (or have been kept in the dark) as to what this problem is, and how to resolve it. This loss of 3G service is costing Virgin Mobile money and customers."

I hope this helps if this is indeed the problem. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know when it will be back up in the Greensboro NC area? VM customer service is no help

Your best bet of getting some real information is to contact the Social Media customer service team on their Facebook page, Twitter (@VMUCare) or through email (saveme@thevirginangels.com). They can tell you about any outages or upgrades going on in your area - although sometimes it takes them a while after the problem starts to get the information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones