• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No access to the play store on original $50 plan

LAWLETTE

Jun 3, 2011
Idaho
So I called boost about having to change to the $55 plan if I get an SII and the rep said that I can keep my $50 plan that I am grandfathered into (currently at $40) but I will continue to not have access to the play store over 3G/4G on my new phone. So I asked why I would lose access to the play store if I currently have it even though I am on the grandfathered plan. The rep said I shouldn't have access unless I am over wifi, and if I would like to have a rep check this out. I told him it must be over wifi because I always have wifi on (lie, but I was worried it was because of rooting that I have access?)

So my question: I'm running CT mod 3.5 on the original $50 plan with shrinkage and I have access to the play store over 3g when apparently I shouldn't. Is this because of rooting?

So I called boost about having to change to the $55 plan if I get an SII and the rep said that I can keep my $50 plan that I am grandfathered into (currently at $40) but I will continue to not have access to the play store over 3G/4G on my new phone. So I asked why I would lose access to the play store if I currently have it even though I am on the grandfathered plan. The rep said I shouldn't have access unless I am over wifi, and if I would like to have a rep check this out. I told him it must be over wifi because I always have wifi on (lie, but I was worried it was because of rooting that I have access?)

So my question: I'm running CT mod 3.5 on the original $50 plan with shrinkage and I have access to the play store over 3g when apparently I shouldn't. Is this because of rooting?

In simple terms you have access to it because you were on the unlimited plan with that phone before they came out with the android package. If you change phones and elect to keep your same plan then you lose all data not just the play store. In order to have a data plan you will have to pay the extra $5 for the data but you will not have to start over on shrinkage if you are paying 40 now then your bill will be 45 and will only go as low as 40. As for me I got my prevail after the android package came out but was down to 35 already as I have had boost forever but had to start paying 40 and will not get any lower.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones