• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No "Connect to PC" in settings?

After 2 days trying to sort it if I could meet someone from HTC at this point in time Id probably smash their teeth in!!

Not being able to use it as mass storage means to get any music onto my phone it has to go by wifi, which will take ages & ive yet to find an app that doesnt charge for this!

All I want is to sync some playlists, keeping the album art!

Re installed HTC sync manager, re loaded the library & playlists into is & when I synce is takes about 30 secs, yeah thats it so synce across 2000 tunes! So given up on it now.

Prob easier to smash the phone up, buy an iphone 5 that I hate, but at least its fit for purpose!

Upvote 0
With a PC you should connect the One X via USB and wait a little while the PC downloads drivers.

Harry

Thats the theory but it doesnt work after the recent upgrade, soon I suspect there will be hundreds, probably thousands with the same problem when they try to put new music etc on.

If it worked as a drive on the pc then i'd happily use "double twist" app to sync as I like the look of it, but as I can only sync by wifi now I have to pay

Upvote 0
Have you tried setting up google music to sync with iTunes, and just used their service to do everything?

Ever since I did that, I've had no problems with my music. I use the play music app on my phone, the UI is better than just about any other music app, and all of my songs are stored in the cloud. I can stream anything that's in my iTunes (since the sync manager app keeps google music up to date with your iTunes library). The initial upload takes forever, but if you can get through that, it's basically smooth sailing.

Granted, this will only be a solution to your music problem, and only if you use iTunes, but if you do, then this is a solution you should look into for your music problem.

Upvote 0
Have you tried setting up google music to sync with iTunes, and just used their service to do everything?

Ever since I did that, I've had no problems with my music. I use the play music app on my phone, the UI is better than just about any other music app, and all of my songs are stored in the cloud. I can stream anything that's in my iTunes (since the sync manager app keeps google music up to date with your iTunes library). The initial upload takes forever, but if you can get through that, it's basically smooth sailing.

Granted, this will only be a solution to your music problem, and only if you use iTunes, but if you do, then this is a solution you should look into for your music problem.

That's the one that uses their. Music manager? The problem with this one is on 2 random playlists I choose that contain 339 songs it says 110 can't be uploaded

Upvote 0
Some have DRM, some say unsupported, but it did say some files types were movies which I know 100% are not in the playlists I was copying across.

Most success I've had so far is with win amp but when you transfer the playlists it comes up with a windows error, although if you don't clear that in the background you can see the % file transfer rate increasing, but once at 100% you check the phone & the files have gone over but not the playlists.

Also been told about melodroid but after installing when you look at the quicksync it says "retrieving file list", been on that for about 40 mins now

Upvote 0
Just plugged my One X into laptop for 1st time & was presented with 5 options including Mass storage

Yeah mine used to do that but since recent update (I suspect) to 4.1.1 - Jellybean it's been a prob. I don't get that option on pc at work or home or on the wifes laptop, although her laptop can see all system folders etc & you can delete stuff & add if you need to. Her laptop is running Windows 8.

Even tried full reset & wiped all data.

Used Airsync (

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones