• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No data connectivity without WIFI?

rolltrain

Nov 27, 2009
Need some serious help. I had a Hero that I had rooted a long time ago. Loved the phone, but bought the Nexus s4g. The hero was lying in a drawer at home. The last ROM was AOSP 2.1 or something or other.
I decided to give the phone to a friend the other day and went to put a fresh ROM on it. I started with Zero Hero RC1 ROM and it was a hog on my Hero. Would barely do anything it was so slow. Then I put Gingerbread Hero Deck and now I have Sense WildHeroc RC#.
The problem I am having with all of these ROMS is that I can

Just to elaborate on what andygu3 said, if you are rocking a Sprint Samsung Nexus S 4G, then your Sprint HTC Hero cannot have service at the same time on the same line. If you called up Sprint and had your Sprint HTC Hero reactivated it should work though and I would just follow the instructions given above.

If you plan on using your Sprint HTC Hero as a Wi-Fi enabled Internet device, then any ROM should work just fine in that situation. I still use my Sprint HTC Hero for that purpose and it works great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones