• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No device can connect to mobile hotspot

Yahia15

Lurker
Jul 14, 2016
Actually it started with the phone resetting most of my settings to default like sound, display and such. now no device can connect to my hotspot. it says "network access denied".

when i restart my phone devices can connect but that lasts for like 2 minutes then devices automatically disconnect.

any solutions apart from factory resetting the phone?

Sounds like your carrier is one of those that doesn't allow hotspot tethering on your current data plan, e.g. Three UK, and many US carriers charge extra for tethering. You may need to check with your carrier, and possibly pay an extra subscription tethering fee. You could try FoxFi.
We don't have this problem in my country :D, no charges or special fees for tethering. my hotspot was working find one day and then suddenly this issue popped up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones