1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No lcd backlight after charging.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lexus5011, Apr 23, 2012.

1. lexus5011

lexus5011 Lurker

Hi guys, i bought this phone for my wife's birthday. after 2 weeks of using it she unplugged it from the charger and the screen was black. I noticed that the phone was still working but the lcd backlight was not. You could ring and do all stuff but you don't see a thing unless you make it under direct sunlight. the phone came with 2.3.5 system. I took off the battery and did also a reset but nothing. I took it back and the shop owner is telling me that my wife installed something which is not compatible but i told him that e resetted the phone but he is trying to avoid the warrenty. TEchnician said that it's a software problem. Mobile is now at he factory and i'm awaiting the report but It's very strange. i know that we did nothing to the mobile and i'm very frustrated towards the shop's owner. what do you think? any suggestions? thx

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hexx

Hexx Member

If you can see the screen well enough, go in to settings and display and check the brightness level. There is an annoying bug in the Wildfire S in that if the brightness is set to its lowest level the backlight does not always come back on!

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews