• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Licence. File Skipped [HTR]..???

Z3US

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2010
...HOME...:P
Hey fellas..!!

I am having problems with my Mediascape. I got around 150 songs in my sd card but in mediascape its only showing around 70 and same with the photograph that had been clicked with the camera.
When i try to run the song with OI File Manager (which is not listed in the mediascape) it give me a option to select ie.(MEDIASCAPE OR POWER AMP) I select mediascape, it opens and FORCE CLOSE.[It works fine with PowerAmp].

I just want to know can i uninstall mediascape and re-install it.It may fix this problem.

Regards

You can certainly uninstall it.

You'll need root access and something like Titanium Backup. TiBackup will allow you to back up the app and then unsinstall it.

I have used TiBackup to prune out stuff from the Z10, like all the Moxier crap and Quadrapop etc, but I have never used it ti reinstall stuff afterward.

maybe someone else can weigh on their experience reinstalling?

It may be easier to make an image of your ROM before you start and then if you need to go back and reinstall, install a full ROM rather than just a single app, say using xRecovery.

A

Upvote 0
+1 - and don't hold yr breath!
Despite the warnings, this method has been used successfully by many members of this forum, the disclaimer is there because some users rush, don't read the instructions properly, miss a vital step and can ultimately damage/brick their phone. The procedure is know to work - but be sure before you proceed.

Incidentally, my understanding is that Mediacape is a stock app that is often advised NOT TO UN-INSTALL. Don't ask my why, i will only tell you that senior members/devs have advised against it.

If you want to check what is wrong with your mediascape i suggest 2 things.

1) check your file types, some are not supported by this app.
2) make sure your files are in a readable state and place, all in 1 folder on your SD card (i.e. sdcard/music)

I hope this is helpful

Reactions: rendeiro2005
Upvote 0
+1 - and don't hold yr breath!
Despite the warnings, this method has been used successfully by many members of this forum, the disclaimer is there because some users rush, don't read the instructions properly, miss a vital step and can ultimately damage/brick their phone. The procedure is know to work - but be sure before you proceed.

Incidentally, my understanding is that Mediacape is a stock app that is often advised NOT TO UN-INSTALL. Don't ask my why, i will only tell you that senior members/devs have advised against it.

If you want to check what is wrong with your mediascape i suggest 2 things.

1) check your file types, some are not supported by this app.
2) make sure your files are in a readable state and place, all in 1 folder on your SD card (i.e. sdcard/music)

I hope this is helpful

Hey i think i got what's d problem actually is...

Problem is files which are in my sd their attributes are read only and archive SEE this:-

sdfxf.png

Now the main problem is when i select Read only option then click apply and then ok.And then when i try to see files in my phn they are still the same.Then i again mounted to my pc and checked their attributes they are again back to READ ONLY + ARCHIVE....

HOW TO RESOLVE THIS NOW.....Help Meeee plzzz

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones