• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Lock doesn't work after 2.2 update

stevevt

Sep 4, 2010
Has anyone had any luck getting No Lock to keep the lock screen from appearing on their Fascinate after upgrading to 2.2? Prior to the update, it seemed to work for me around 3/4 of the time. I figured it might work better on 2.2. Apparently not. I'm down to 0/4 of the time.

Anybody else experience the same thing, or have any advice?

I tried the apparently similar "No Lock Screen" app, and it also doesn't work.

Thanks.

Just as a followup, I finally have a solution that I haven't seen posted elsewhere.

1) Download, install, and turn on AntiLock.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.s2get.android.antilock

2) In Settings -> Location & Security -> Change Screen Lock, select Pattern. (I had previously had "None" selected, which doesn't work.)

Now when I wake my phone up, I very briefly see the Pattern Unlock screen, but it goes away without me needing to enter a pattern. Good enough for me, though seeing nothing at all would obviously be a bit better.

I hope this helps somebody out there.

Upvote 0
Dont use the apps the best way is OPEN DIALER *#7594# switch that on, this is of course if you already did the main string *#83786633 + HOME + (CLEAR PREVIOUS) + *#22743927#

Can anyone help me with the 2.2 update on the DH12. I have my fassy flashed to metro, will i lose the flash if i update to 2.2? Also if i will lose the flash than can i just backup the settings via QPST an reload them onto the phone after the update? TY in advance.

Reactions: AZgl1500
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones