• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No longer able to use Play Store

towelk

Lurker
Aug 20, 2012
Okay, I'm sorry if this has been posed before, I just don't understand how it's happening...

I use the Play Store regularly, just to get the free apps and such, never the paid ones. One day it just crashes whenever I try to update or download something new. Loading it again would prompt that force close message in the blink of an eye and then crash again.

I have tried everything:
- clearing the cache, even google framework
- uninstalling the update and trying an older version
- even reinstalling the newest version
- removing my gmail account and then re-syncing
- rebooting my phone

Doing the latter just resets everything to the way it was. afaik, I can view the play store, I can search, and browse, and change my settings but the moment I try to download or update something it just crashes.

What's going on?

I'm at a loss. You have done everything i can think of to get around this problem.
You said you cleared cache for play +framework, but did you also clear data?

If you are rooted try setting:

ro.sf.lcd_density=240

in /system/build.prop

There are also apps available to change lcd density, but these too require you to be rooted.

If you are not rooted, then a factory reset may be your only way out I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
I'm at a loss. You have done everything i can think of to get around this problem.
You said you cleared cache for play +framework, but did you also clear data?

If you are rooted try setting:

ro.sf.lcd_density=240

in /system/build.prop

There are also apps available to change lcd density, but these too require you to be rooted.

If you are not rooted, then a factory reset may be your only way out I'm afraid.

+1
As you had asked-if rooted perhaps a reflash of gapps dependant of version os in order.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones