1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

No longer able to use Play Store

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by towelk, Aug 20, 2012.

1. towelk

towelk Lurker

Okay, I'm sorry if this has been posed before, I just don't understand how it's happening...

I use the Play Store regularly, just to get the free apps and such, never the paid ones. One day it just crashes whenever I try to update or download something new. Loading it again would prompt that force close message in the blink of an eye and then crash again.

I have tried everything:
    - clearing the cache, even google framework
    - uninstalling the update and trying an older version
    - even reinstalling the newest version
    - removing my gmail account and then re-syncing
    - rebooting my phone

Doing the latter just resets everything to the way it was. afaik, I can view the play store, I can search, and browse, and change my settings but the moment I try to download or update something it just crashes.

What's going on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

I don't have any solution but can let you know have no problem on my side.

Which country are you in? Maybe its an issue where you are?

3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

I'm at a loss. You have done everything i can think of to get around this problem.
    You said you cleared cache for play +framework, but did you also clear data?

If you are rooted try setting:

ro.sf.lcd_density=240

in /system/build.prop

There are also apps available to change lcd density, but these too require you to be rooted.

If you are not rooted, then a factory reset may be your only way out I'm afraid.

4. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

+1
    As you had asked-if rooted perhaps a reflash of gapps dependant of version os in order.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews