• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no more 802.11n + FM?

Upvote 0
Anonimac has an Incredible and he posted today that it definately has Wireless N. I personally believe him since he has been one of the people leaking the info on the phone since day one. Here is the link to his post stating he was informed that VZW Reps are taking online webinars and are listing as the Incredible having Wireless N

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/42916-official-htc-incredible-thread-862.html#post599562
Question lies in whether it's 2.4Ghz/5.8Ghz or simultaneous dual-band.

Upvote 0

Don't know for sure. I have a friend at VZW that is going to take that same training soon and im waiting on him to see what it says. It would be nice if it was dual band. I just bought a Wireless N Dual band netgear router this weekend. I wasn't thinking i would use the 5Ghz spectrum any time soon but it might be a possibility this 29th. Even if its running the 2.4Ghz im happy because it has wireless n

Upvote 0
I will use the heck out of it. At my gym, you can get the audio of the various TVs there by tuning into it's FM channel. It would have been great to hear the audio of what you're watching on the TV while on the treadmill.

Unfortunately, you need a wired headset to use it since the wire acts as an antenna. I have an A2DP bluetooth headset that wil be useless for listening to FM.

I am in the same boat. i was going to try and just cut the cord on an old pair of earphones and plug them in...then still use my Bluetooth headset. i hope it works!!!!

Upvote 0

you don't want 5ghz for WiFi N,
its purpose was to use a different signal on the same router antennas to provide seperate bandwidth for networking, not for WAN use

one frequency being 2.4ghz being used for WAN with so much bandwidth available to it, then you have 5ghz which uses full LAN speed with no bandwidth hiccup on the 2.4ghz band

originally concocted for DLNA to stream content to TV's in full resolution and speed using WiFi N on dual band compatible wifi n receivers

does this help? if so please say thanks

Upvote 0
you don't want 5ghz for WiFi N,
its purpose was to use a different signal on the same router antennas to provide seperate bandwidth for networking, not for WAN use

one frequency being 2.4ghz being used for WAN with so much bandwidth available to it, then you have 5ghz which uses full LAN speed with no bandwidth hiccup on the 2.4ghz band

originally concocted for DLNA to stream content to TV's in full resolution and speed using WiFi N on dual band compatible wifi n receivers

does this help? if so please say thanks

What????? Sorry but your post sounds like gibberish to me. Maybe I am not understanding something correctly?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones