• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No more root, no more recovery

Bsdaddy

Lurker
Nov 9, 2017
Mossyrock
I recently put lineageOS on my rooted moto e 2nd gen 4g LTE which bumped me up from 5.1 to 8.0.0. Its been doing fine. I was gonna flash some more memory but when I went back to recovery it would just flash turn black for a second then go back to bootloader. When I go to the bootloader logs it says boot failed. Twrp says it unable to find recovery and now that I don't have root I can't do the stuff I wanted to. And like an idiot I factory reset it. Is there a way to get my recovery back?

I assume that when you say "twrp says" it can't find recovery you mean that the bootloader says this when you try to boot into recovery? Because TWRP is the recovery module.

The simple answer is to use fastboot to flash a new copy of twrp - assuming you have your bootloader unlocked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones