• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Network Signal/Volume - dropped in Water

Okay this is weird to me but about a month ago i i dropped my LG Optimus V in the washing machine, it was submerged in water for about 10mins before I actually realized what Id done.

We put it in a zip lock bag filled with ice(who thinks of this).:rolleyes: My moms bright idea was to stick it in the freezer.

Pissed I took it out, and it still didn't come on.

Well today I thought to myself hey let me see if it works maybe I can get a replacement. So I charged from the time I found it until I got out of class about 4hrs. &&

It powers on!! YEahp soo Im extremely excited that EVERYTHING works right?!:thinking:

Well everything works EXCEPT the volume and Network signal.

So Im a little down.. At least I can see my pictures, take pictures, record video, it still vibrates when I swipe the screen just no volume and i cant make calls if i try to dial a number and send it says no service.

Does anyone have any suggestions or may know how to fix this or am I just Turing my wheels?

Did you say ice?
You should have put it in a bag of rice for a couple of weeks. The rice will draw out all the moisture.
Now that you have turned it on with moisture inside, it might not ever be the same.
Try putting it in a bag of rice for a week or two, it might help, it can't get any worse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones