• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no option to remove pin lock screen?

Go to Settings - Lock Screen

After entering your PIN you can select "None" as an option to remove all security (I do NOT recommend this, but I don't know your circumstances).

You can also select another type of login. I have face unlock, fingerprint and (in case of emergency) the PIN.
As I said in my post there is NO Settings>lockscreen>lock screen type >none

There is no NONE option here to choose from (not even greyed out) which i have read other people are having the same issue but no solution has been found

Upvote 0

There is no NONE option here to choose from (not even greyed out) which i have read other people are having the same issue but no solution has been found

I've not seen anything like that myself, except for when I had a company issued Blackberry. But is it a company or enterprise administered phone, tablet, or laptop you've got there? Where the option to have NONE may have been disabled by the admins. On most corporate, enterprise, and academic issued devices, passwords, patterns, PINs, and other secure accesses can be enforced. Or if it is your own device, is it been used to access things like MS Exchange or HCL Notes on enterprise networks.

Last edited:
Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
"None" was an option when I had Android 12, and is still there with Android 13. So there is something unusual about the OP's phone. @jagguy can you tell us which model of phone this is?

I don't know of anything that would cause this option to disappear. You need to set a PIN or password if you use biometrics, but even with them enabled the "none" option should still be there (selecting it will produce a warning that this will erase your fingerprints and ask you to confirm, but the option should be there).

Upvote 0

Have you tried under Passwords & Security?

My Samsung has the normal Lock Screen setting but my Redmi Note has the mentioned before setting for PIN/Fingerprint/Pattern.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
hi I have android 12 and i have a pin lock screen enabled. I want to remove it but when i go to lock screen and screen lock type i enter my pin and see no option to delete, remove or none?
There is no way to remove the pin setting?
Go to Security ---> Screen Lock ---> Swipe. Changing it to swipe removes the lock whether it be Pattern, PIN or Password.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones