• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No sound when placing or receiving calls kinda sux...

mr_manny

Nov 6, 2009
Intermittent head-set issues, specifically No sound when placing or receiving calls.

I receive a call, they can hear me...but I can't hear them.
I call them back, only to encounter more of the same.
I reboot my phone, all is good...until the next occurrence.

Contacted Verizon Tech-center, who walked me through a factory default settings switch.
Encountered another occurrence last night :(

Called Verizon back to inform them that the factory default was not help.
They updated my case, and will have the Tech. dept. call me back.

Initially this would happen once a month, now it's two-three times a week.
Everything else on the Droid works fine - Internet, Email-Sync, Apps...No Issues.

Anyone else experiencing this?

thanks,
manny

Providing a list of installed apps, is prob. a good idea:
wiki mobile
wifi onOFF
wifi Analyzer
VPN Connections
Swype
3banana
Advanced task killer
Bart real-time arrivals
battery widget
cardio trainer
colorDICT
colorNOTE
Astrid
Connect Bot
SkyMap
Compass
Google Voice
Listen
MeeboIM
MotoTorchLED
Pandora
PDF Viewer
Shop Savvy
Skype Beta
Stopwatch

Swype and 3banana are the two latest apps. that come to mind.

anyone experiencing similar issues?

worst case, I could un-install my apps.

I hope this could be avoided...for purely selfish reasons :p

thanks

Upvote 0
Ya, I have had that problem before. It seems to happen every week. Restarting fixes it but that is no solution. It seems to be a bug where the volume gets turned very low without indication in settings. I noticed that if you turn on speaker phone and then turn the volume all the way up you can just make out what the other person is saying. Anyone else have this problem?

Upvote 0
I have been having this issue, but for me it happens when I have a headset plug in and remove it. I have found that pausing the audio then removing the headset seems to make this problem occur less.
I also believe this to be the issue. I had this problem. I think it's a hardware problem with the headphone jack. I've had nothing but trouble with that plug. It also causes static and audio loss sometimes. About to be on Droid number 5...

Upvote 0
Awesome, thanks yall, I realized that when I got of the BART this morning I pulled out the headphones before stopping the music player. Going crazy with calls having no volume but the speakerphone working. I plugged in my headset and started then stopped the tunes, unplugged and I'm alive and talking again.

thx all
Spjika

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones