• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nonsensikal (Blue, Vanilla, Black)

Reactions: redplate
Upvote 0
Well, I found that the stupid little news & weather genie was set to update every half hour. I turned off the auto-refresh and everything has calmed down. I'm still not back to the way things were on 5.4, but it is much much better. I'm going to continue playing with the settings a bit until I get things just right. I really do love this ROM.

Wow! Good call on that news & weather app. Mine was set to refresh every couple hours. Auto refresh is now off on that stupid thing.

I just installed v8.8. I'm really liking the color customizations in the settings. Lots to choose from!

One question for anyone... When I use a Sense based ROM, I can get my picture to show when I have a thread of text messages. I always synced my contacts with HTC Sense Facebook. With Nonsensikal, there is no Facebook for Sense, so I synced the Facebook for Android. It doesn't show my picture though. Not a big deal, just don't really like the default icon next to my outgoing text messages.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Wow! Good call on that news & weather app. Mine was set to refresh every couple hours. Auto refresh is now off on that stupid thing.

I just installed v8.8. I'm really liking the color customizations in the settings. Lots to choose from!

One question for anyone... When I use a Sense based ROM, I can get my picture to show when I have a thread of text messages. I always synced my contacts with HTC Sense Facebook. With Nonsensikal, there is no Facebook for Sense, so I synced the Facebook for Android. It doesn't show my picture though. Not a big deal, just don't really like the default icon next to my outgoing text messages.

Thanks!

There are couple of apps in the market that will handle this. Just search on Facebook sync and you should be able to find them. They even propagate the pics in the launcher pro people widget.

Reactions: Bswartz95
Upvote 0
i just noticed this, didn't realize the first post is not the most updated version,

i flashed Nonsensikal v4.4, does any of the following get fixed
in the most recent version?

one thing tho, not sure if it's because there's different colors,
but i keep getting a "Camera stopped responding" error when
i try to place my own image as a wallpaper or lock screen.

and i was hoping there would be a full screen player like 2.1
had when the phone is locked. it doesn't even show the name
of the song currently playing.

i was hoping to see Angry Birds in the market now that i'm on
Froyo, but it's not there. but other 2.2 only apps are showing
up in the market. not that big of a deal, just found that weird.

Upvote 0
Gonna read up more on the rooting process and try the 9.0 black and blue... Did a lot of WM flashing back in the day but wanna mess with this Eris a bit...

Edit: Went in nice, but does it always take that long to reboot or is it just mine??

yes the first boot after root takes a very long time. After that it will boot normally except after a rom flash, it can take an extra minute or so.

Upvote 0
i just noticed this, didn't realize the first post is not the most updated version,

LOTS of changes and fixes since 4.4, I am on 8.8 and it is almost flawless (for me)

Upvote 0
I really like the 9.0... Pretty simple root process and flash once I cleared the card of settings...

20101011164809.png

Upvote 0
This may be a bit OT, but I have a modified version of Launcher Pro I was wanting to install. I tried installing it and it says it cannot be installed. I think to myself that I have to uninstall the one currently on there so I go in and try and uninstall it. Come back and try to install the modified one and it still says that it cannot be installed. If I remember correctly, it would not let me uninstall LP from the market so I used Root Explorer and deleted the .apk file from the system/app folder. Am I missing something else?

Upvote 0

i just flashed 9.0 and so far, it seems better.
i'm able to have my own wallpaper now, but i don't have the
selection to choose lock screen anymore.

still can't find Angry Birds Beta from the Market. i use this
app as a test to see if new apps show up for me or not.
the "Update All" button is there for me now.

i haven't been able to test out the music player yet, as i
am at work right now. but other than that, most of my
beefs have been fixed.

Upvote 0
This may be a bit OT, but I have a modified version of Launcher Pro I was wanting to install. I tried installing it and it says it cannot be installed. I think to myself that I have to uninstall the one currently on there so I go in and try and uninstall it. Come back and try to install the modified one and it still says that it cannot be installed. If I remember correctly, it would not let me uninstall LP from the market so I used Root Explorer and deleted the .apk file from the system/app folder. Am I missing something else?

I spoke with listy about this. He thought is you use the free version of Launcherpro or you pay for it.

If you attempt remove it you could end up with an unusable phone desktop. I used my file explorer (ES FileExplorer). I opened the file explorer, then hit the home button. I opened application management and uninstalled. I then back arrowed till I was back in the file explorer. I navigated to my apk file and installed it normally, then rebooted the phone.

Upvote 0
I spoke with listy about this. He thought is you use the free version of Launcherpro or you pay for it.

If you attempt remove it you could end up with an unusable phone desktop. I used my file explorer (ES FileExplorer). I opened the file explorer, then hit the home button. I opened application management and uninstalled. I then back arrowed till I was back in the file explorer. I navigated to my apk file and installed it normally, then rebooted the phone.

I'll have to give that a shot. I have paid for launcher pro, but I use one of the themed versions with the transparent widgets often. It seems that it just didn't like the roms that had LP built in with it. I will give what you mentioned a shot and see what the results are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones