• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help noob weather question

Just got my EVO (black) few hours ago and when I left Best Buy it had said Columbia, which is where I got it but now it is saying "Cleveland", not sure if it means MO (state I am in) or Ohio or what. I am actually 10 miles from Columbia in a different town/non-Columbia address. I have rebooted the phone and that didn't do anything. Is this normal?

Sorry for the noob-ness and Thanks in advance!

Crap. Time to toss it in the garbage then. LOL

Try menu, settings, system update, update profile.
After that try menu, settings, locations, make sure the checkmark the boxes and the location setting is on. Then go back to weather widget and refresh again.
If it still doesn't work yank out the battery. That will almost surely work as I had trouble with apps/widgets getting stuck and pulling the battery always does the trick.

OT, could be LeBron is back.

Upvote 0
I just had this happen to me for the first time today while I was driving home from a trip. I often have to hit refresh several times in a row to update my weather location, but no go today. I even tried killing the weather app and then restarting it, still no go. I had nav on so I know the GPS was updating location.

I ended up just turning the phone off and then on again (which I like to do at least once a week anyway) and then it immediately gave me the correct weather info.

Upvote 0
I actually hate the htc weather widget. Its not always accurate. Its 10pm at night and the weather will show 90 degrees with sunshine. Took a couple of refresh before it would get it right.

That's why my phone only updates the weather once a day. Since we have flash/Froyo, I can go to aviationweather.gov and see the radar loop move, so I don't care about that widget anymore. LOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones