• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root not able to get recovery menu to come up

bcrtj457

Feb 26, 2010
Illinois
ok. so once i get into the HBoot or whatever menu that is, and then i try to go into the Recovery Menu, my phone has a black screen with a red triangle on it. what on earth does this mean, and how can i fix this.

my phone still work. i just need to be able to flash something and can't get into the recovery menu. HELP!

If you used The OTA Simple root Process go back to the process and at the top of the simple root process click extras, and flash clock work recovery.

OTE=bcrtj457;1263375]ok. so once i get into the HBoot or whatever menu that is, and then i try to go into the Recovery Menu, my phone has a black screen with a red triangle on it. what on earth does this mean, and how can i fix this.

my phone still work. i just need to be able to flash something and can't get into the recovery menu. HELP![/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
If I believe I dont think you can get into recovery with Unrevoked3. It is not full root. That is why.

Not true. For the 1 hour I was rooted via unrevoked3, I was most definitely able to access clockworkmod 2.5.0.1 from the bootloader.

Later, realizing I needed NAND unlocked, I did the full root.

In the case of the OP, it sounds like the recovery image was improperly flashed... I would try running unrevoked3 again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones