1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root not able to get recovery menu to come up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bcrtj457, Jul 30, 2010.

1. bcrtj457

bcrtj457 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Illinois
    ok. so once i get into the HBoot or whatever menu that is, and then i try to go into the Recovery Menu, my phone has a black screen with a red triangle on it. what on earth does this mean, and how can i fix this.

my phone still work. i just need to be able to flash something and can't get into the recovery menu. HELP!

Advertisement

2. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    THE Boss
    Delaware
    If you used The OTA Simple root Process go back to the process and at the top of the simple root process click extras, and flash clock work recovery.

OTE=bcrtj457;1263375]ok. so once i get into the HBoot or whatever menu that is, and then i try to go into the Recovery Menu, my phone has a black screen with a red triangle on it. what on earth does this mean, and how can i fix this.

my phone still work. i just need to be able to flash something and can't get into the recovery menu. HELP![/QUOTE]

3. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Or you can hold up and hit the power button. It'll give you some menu options. I can't remember them off the top of my head.

4. bcrtj457

Feb 26, 2010
    Illinois
    i used unrevoked 3.

i held the power and up. it boots to the Hboot screen. after that, i go down to recovery and i get a black screen with a red yeild sign.

5. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    THE Boss
    Delaware
    If I believe I dont think you can get into recovery with Unrevoked3. It is not full root. That is why.

6. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

Jul 7, 2010
    Not true. For the 1 hour I was rooted via unrevoked3, I was most definitely able to access clockworkmod 2.5.0.1 from the bootloader.

Later, realizing I needed NAND unlocked, I did the full root.

In the case of the OP, it sounds like the recovery image was improperly flashed... I would try running unrevoked3 again.

7. bcrtj457

Feb 26, 2010
    Illinois
    i have tried everything. i can't get that recovery to pull up...and i can't get superuser permissions to pull up which obviously means i'm not rooted.

Tags: