• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not being able to view or answer incoming phone calls

patk_11

Lurker
Jul 24, 2011
I just got my HTC Merge last week and I have already been experiancing a few problems with it...the main problem that i have had is that I cannot answer the phone sometimes. It will start to ring and when I look at it it just shows the home screen and the unlock slider while it rings. When i unlock it an error message shows up that says it had to do with the android system and caused a forced close. After it closes it it acts like there wasnt a phone call and the only way i can find out who called is if they leave a voicemail. This doesnt happen everytime but it happened 6 times today and is very frustrating when my business is run through my phone. Thank you for any help that you can share.

Have you been putting various apps on it? Some apps make phones behave very skittishly. Remove them all (except praps any you have paid for), see if that makes any difference. If it makes it ok, then add what you want one by one, and test each time.

Be very wise in apps you choose, and read up other's reviews first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones