• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not booting up

Hi Experts:

I got a new cellphone (UMIDIGI Power 3) and it worked for a few days. Today it suddenly shut down when I was trying to start the MS Outlook app, afterwards it cannot longer complete a boot up. It shows message "dm-verity corruption Your device is corrupt, it can\\\'t be trusted and may not work properly. Press power button to continue.Or, device will power off in 5s" and then shut down. I tried to use factory reset and was able to boot up successfully but the phone behaves the same if I try to reboot it (show same message "dm-verity correction ..." and shut down by itself.

My questions are:
1. Is this a hardware issue or a software (Android OS) issue ?
2. What is the root cause ?
3. How to fix it ?

Thanks
Felter

Thanks Dannydet and mikedt for your responses. I'm in contact with the seller. One thing I'd like to mention, I could get the phone boot up successfully after a few tries: first boot into the stage where the screen shows list of different lower level operations (factory reset, boot into bootloader ...) and then try a few times (I could not figure out a special sequence of what I did), then the phone would boot into normal state. If I do a normal shutdown, then all the problems come back again.

So I'm wondering if this indicate hardware issue (I'll need to return it back to China) or a software issue (hopefully can be fixed by new firmware or OS update) ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones