• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not receiving picture text messages

az68vet

Lurker
May 31, 2010
For some reason I can no longer receive picture text messages. It happened maybe a week ago.
I am not rooted. I changed from the stock messaging app to Handsent SMS and when I discovered the issue I switched Go SMS pro instead. Still having the same problem. I assume it is one of my settings but I am not sure where to find it in the settings menu. I had previously deleted the stock messaging app and I don't know how to get it back again other than a factory data reset.
Before I do the factory data reset I thought maybe someone could help me.
Thanks

The download was not my issue but I have fixed my problem.
Since I deleted my original messaging app it affected my picture text messages.
In the Advanced settings menu of Go SMS Pro there is an "important Tips" section.
There is a box to check if your stock sms is uninstalled. I checked it and I can now receive pictures text messages.

Upvote 0
For some reason I can no longer receive picture text messages. It happened maybe a week ago.
I am not rooted. I changed from the stock messaging app to Handsent SMS and when I discovered the issue I switched Go SMS pro instead. Still having the same problem. I assume it is one of my settings but I am not sure where to find it in the settings menu. I had previously deleted the stock messaging app and I don't know how to get it back again other than a factory data reset.
Before I do the factory data reset I thought maybe someone could help me.
Thanks

There is a problem with ICS if it has to switch radios from WiFi to 3g or 4g. I am running Go SMS Pro and have had the same problem sending and receiving mms messages. If you turn off wifi, set phone to airplane mode, restart phone and do not set wifi on all my mms messages work fine. As soon as I turn wifi on I get the same result you outlined above. I hope they fix it in 3.04. It's a problem with only a get-around as far as I know. But if you take the steps I mentioned it should work.

Upvote 0
There is a problem with ICS if it has to switch radios from WiFi to 3g or 4g. I am running Go SMS Pro and have had the same problem sending and receiving mms messages. If you turn off wifi, set phone to airplane mode, restart phone and do not set wifi on all my mms messages work fine. As soon as I turn wifi on I get the same result you outlined above. I hope they fix it in 3.04. It's a problem with only a get-around as far as I know. But if you take the steps I mentioned it should work.

Keep in mind that it's 3g or 4g that sends and receives mms not wifi.

Upvote 0
In the Advanced settings menu of Go SMS Pro there is an "important Tips" section.
There is a box to check if your stock sms is uninstalled. I checked it and I can now receive pictures text messages.

I'm curious. Are you using wifi or 3g or 4g when transferring or receiving mms?

Upvote 0

^^^^^^^WORKED LIKE CHARM THANK YOU GREATLY:D:D:D Ive been having this problem for ever such and easy fix and I never would have looked there

Upvote 0
This fixed the issue I was hvaing too, which was odd as I had been on an ICS Rom for awhile now, but like two weeks ago or so started not getting pics from anyone. Just updated to the new Shostock2 update, and same thing, no pics showing. But I checked off that box and the pic my sis sent earlier popped right up in the msg.

Upvote 0
Not to update a dead thread but I'm having the same issue and this thread isnt too old as well. I'm non rooted and haven't even tinkered or anything with my messaging apps except when I first got my GN and started using handcent. Now all of a sudden I'm not receiving any type of pic message. I'm on wifi but that couldn't be the issue because I'm on wifi 99.9% of the time I'm at home and its worked before plus I still get texts. Is there any fix for this or will I have to do a factory reset?it just stopped working.

I've cleared handcents cache and data and uninstalled multiple times but still no luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones