• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not sure on where to go from here (removing cracked screen)

samuraiX20

Lurker
May 11, 2011
So I have gotten this far into trying to removing the cracked screen:

DSCI0001-1.jpg

But now I'm not sure where to remove the "frame" to reach to the glass. At first I thought it just came down to removing the "frame" on top of the glass, but it seems the "frame" is actually integrated to the plastic frame outside. Not sure if I'm making any sense but here's what I mean:

DSCI0002.jpg

So yeah, do I just pop the screen out from behind it and out of the front panel or am I missing something? I like to make sure what I'm doing here before I proceed further as I don't want this phone to be un-usable due to a minor mishap. I hope to get some replies about this ASAP! :)

I read that thread many times and it just notes how to put it on; the site just sells the item but doesn't explain how to do it. I know if you think in reverse then you think it would snap off away from the black housing but I'm beginning to believe the glass is possibly glued to the black housing... either that or they really did a tight seal on it and I just have to get the nerve to break it off.

So really, did anyone actually try to attempt this? Is it glued or just extremely tight-lipped? Regardless, how did anyone remove it? From the front or back of the housing?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones