1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Not syncing FB profile pics to contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thedynamix, Feb 20, 2011.

1. thedynamix

thedynamix Newbie

Hi,

I have no idea what's happening, but basically, my Nex S won't seem to sync the FB pics to the respective contacts in my address book..

I've confirmed that FB IS syncing "Contacts", but it isn't pulling their profile pics.

My OLD HTC Hero used to do this.

Is this a bug, or a standard thing with the Nex S?

Regards,

TD

Advertisement

2. czechplastik

czechplastik Android Enthusiast

You need to go into each contact and manually link them up, the info is there you just need to link it together.

3. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

There's a free app called Sync My Pix which is useful.

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

Some people use nicknames for contact names on their phones or user names on FB, if the names do not match exactly you need to open your contact list -> long press your contact -> edit -> press menu -> join contacts -> if the FB contact doesn't appear just push "all contacts" and scroll through the list until you find the corresponding FB profile.

5. thedynamix

thedynamix Newbie

Thanks for the tip! I downloaded and ran the Sync My Pix app and it worked!

Although, I'm disappointed that stock Android 2.3 cannot synch FB photos automatically out of the box.. Very strange.. No?

6. chrlswltrs

For the most part it does, the names or emails just have to match. I only have about 3 contacts I have to manually join, all the rest of mine sync automatically

7. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

It does sync them but for some unknown reason, some pictures never show up. Also as above with nicknames or shortened names you may need to attach manually. It's similar to Sense, but Sense is more automatic.

8. thedynamix

thedynamix Newbie

Ahh I see.. It "suggests" likely matches from my FB list.

How do you push "all contacts" as you suggested?

9. thedynamix

thedynamix Newbie

for example..

i have someone called Anna.. Her real name is Hannah (at loeast on FB).. So I long press her name > edit > join > "suggested friends - Hannah".. cool.. except still no photo and then it says this:

"Facebook contact information is not editable on this device"

...?

10. chrlswltrs

Under the suggested contacts, there should be a divider that says "all contacts" then under that an option that you can select that says "Show all contacts"

If you are trying to edit information you can only do it for your phone/google contacts, not facebook contacts. Once they are linked you can still edit the google contact portion, just not the info that is imported from FB.

Tags: