• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

offthecha1n

Nov 24, 2009
so Fri I picked up the g2 knowing the new mytouch would be here wednesday and I could swap it out. I had the g1 and wanted to see how much they have improved with the g2, very impressed. Today I traded for the 4g, im already seeing some problems that I had with my mytouch slide, laggy at some points. going to call tmobile in the morn and see if I can swap back for the g2 as Im still within my 14 day grace period.

I'm loving mine, after having the Vibrant for 3 months. I have things back that I had really missed, like camera flash, led notifier, & dedicated camera button. Oh, & working GPS :D. I'm not experiencing any lag with my phone. The ONLY thing is that the colors do seem a bit washed out, but at least the resolution is really good so nothing seems pixelated.

Upvote 0
One day of use... Over all its WONDERFUL!

Things that I LOVE:

- FAST AS HECK>.. I have not had one bit of lag and thats with MULTIPLE apps running.
- Big Screen
- The size is not too big just right...
- FAST
- Bright colors
- Speaker is LOUD!
- Android 2.2 (Official NON Root)
- 4 G speeds Im getting up to 6K kbps down and 7 up.
- FAST
- Lots of new applications
- Games that actually work (3d games)
- The Non Track ball
- Apps to SD (kinda)
- WiFi hotspot
- Camera with Zoom and Bright Flash
- Some widgets
- the media room
- FM Radio
- HQ Youtube and Video's
- when battery low will turn off all the crap till charged
- Swype is better then i thought.
- The detail that was placed in this phone.
- The actual Themes for the phone. I think its nice and clean.
- Built in slacker radio
- Ability to run plenty of apps while running slacker/music without any lag.
- Internet is BLAZING fast
- Car dock is cool
- A few built in gadgets. (stop watch, flashlight, Front facing camera)
- O YEA ITS FAST!
- Feels solid. Not plastic or cheap at all.

Things i hate:

- Sound quality when headphones plugged in... (had an ihome external speakers and it was worse then no plug in. Gotta figure that one out)
- Crap APPS... The free games are not free only trial periods and you have to buy them and you cant remove them.
- Cant remove APPS that you will never purchase or use
- Cant use the apps to SD on all applications including the ones you just installed from market
- Tmobile Mobile TV is NOT FREE.. Will automatically sign you up if you use it ONCE. a monthly fee of $10. You have to physically cxl the subscription. Pain in the REAR
- Hitting home button does not turn on the phone (or any dedicated button at the bottom) Must use the one on top to wake up or sleep
- Its taking the place of my ZUNE which is hard to do.
- Cant remove APP's i will never use or shoot even hide them would be nice. Without them starting up EVER. (ie: amazon, FACEBOOK i hate facebook)
- Yahoo is embedded in this thing. Cant get rid of it. Dont need it nor want it. I have google for that stuff.
- Unable to delete music on the fly
- Unable to figure out the home screen for the net. Dont care about tzones.

Please take in consideration that i am coming from an ORIGINAL Mytouch v1.0 with root. So some of my pros and cons may be trivial to some and yes i did duplicate some of my answers, I hate or love them that much.

This is a short list i have figured out at work while on my breaks (times: 20 min - 30 minute - 20 minute not all at once) Overall 1 hour and 10 minutes of actual play time.

I did drain the battery before showing up (was dead anyways) then charged while working. I did use slacker radio, music player, youtube, internet, market like crazy, text, camera, showing off to friends, video, FM radio, played a few games, for the times i was on break. Full battery and all that stuff going on, and i mean mass consumption of data i got a good 5 solid hours. Yes it seems like a lot but i move fast and hate to waste time when on break. Also seems like i drained it faster then i should have. First day give it and me a break.

Ill see how things are in the next few days when the nostalgia wears off of owning a FINE machine.

-side note-
I hope they find a root for this beast so i can get rid of all the crap apps and use the apps to SD properly. O yea this is the glacier, slacker says so in the settings.

Im sure ill add more to the love/hate list. this is a start.

Upvote 0
I'm very impressed with the 4G. What did you not like about it?
I guess Im being a bit too picky, I think overall the look and how the interface looks is not as appealing as the g2. When I receive an email I scroll down from the top, click the email notification and is "freezes for 2-3 seconds. having said that I got a system update this morning and it has not done it since. I will play with it till sunday then decide if im going to swap it back. Also kinda regretting getting the purple but I guess a case would cover that up.

Upvote 0
One day of use... Over all its WONDERFUL!

Things that I LOVE:

- FAST AS HECK>.. I have not had one bit of lag and thats with MULTIPLE apps running.
- Big Screen
- The size is not too big just right...
- FAST
- Bright colors
- Speaker is LOUD!
- Android 2.2 (Official NON Root)
- 4 G speeds Im getting up to 6K kbps down and 7 up.
- FAST
- Lots of new applications
- Games that actually work (3d games)
- The Non Track ball
- Apps to SD (kinda)
- WiFi hotspot
- Camera with Zoom and Bright Flash
- Some widgets
- the media room
- FM Radio
- HQ Youtube and Video's
- when battery low will turn off all the crap till charged
- Swype is better then i thought.
- The detail that was placed in this phone.
- The actual Themes for the phone. I think its nice and clean.
- Built in slacker radio
- Ability to run plenty of apps while running slacker/music without any lag.
- Internet is BLAZING fast
- Car dock is cool
- A few built in gadgets. (stop watch, flashlight, Front facing camera)
- O YEA ITS FAST!
- Feels solid. Not plastic or cheap at all.

Things i hate:

- Sound quality when headphones plugged in... (had an ihome external speakers and it was worse then no plug in. Gotta figure that one out)
- Crap APPS... The free games are not free only trial periods and you have to buy them and you cant remove them.
- Cant remove APPS that you will never purchase or use
- Cant use the apps to SD on all applications including the ones you just installed from market
- Tmobile Mobile TV is NOT FREE.. Will automatically sign you up if you use it ONCE. a monthly fee of $10. You have to physically cxl the subscription. Pain in the REAR
- Hitting home button does not turn on the phone (or any dedicated button at the bottom) Must use the one on top to wake up or sleep
- Its taking the place of my ZUNE which is hard to do.
- Cant remove APP's i will never use or shoot even hide them would be nice. Without them starting up EVER. (ie: amazon, FACEBOOK i hate facebook)
- Yahoo is embedded in this thing. Cant get rid of it. Dont need it nor want it. I have google for that stuff.
- Unable to delete music on the fly
- Unable to figure out the home screen for the net. Dont care about tzones.

Please take in consideration that i am coming from an ORIGINAL Mytouch v1.0 with root. So some of my pros and cons may be trivial to some and yes i did duplicate some of my answers, I hate or love them that much.

This is a short list i have figured out at work while on my breaks (times: 20 min - 30 minute - 20 minute not all at once) Overall 1 hour and 10 minutes of actual play time.

I did drain the battery before showing up (was dead anyways) then charged while working. I did use slacker radio, music player, youtube, internet, market like crazy, text, camera, showing off to friends, video, FM radio, played a few games, for the times i was on break. Full battery and all that stuff going on, and i mean mass consumption of data i got a good 5 solid hours. Yes it seems like a lot but i move fast and hate to waste time when on break. Also seems like i drained it faster then i should have. First day give it and me a break.

Ill see how things are in the next few days when the nostalgia wears off of owning a FINE machine.

-side note-
I hope they find a root for this beast so i can get rid of all the crap apps and use the apps to SD properly. O yea this is the glacier, slacker says so in the settings.

Im sure ill add more to the love/hate list. this is a start.

Just wondering what phone you came from. I didnt think the speaker was very loud and the screen is smaller than my Vibrant. Dont like that the speaker isnt as loud though for when the phone rings. I also dont like only 4GB of internal space.

But overall i really liked the phone.

Upvote 0
I am coming from a Mytouch 3G. V1.0

The rings all depend on your selection. I have some old blackberry ring tones that are maxed out on volume so with selecting one of them its very loud for me. I can easily hear a call from upstairs and my phone downstairs. Also the stupid alarm i selected keeps waking me up.

Does its job and louder then the MT3G.

Upvote 0
I'm loving mine, after having the Vibrant for 3 months. I have things back that I had really missed, like camera flash, led notifier, & dedicated camera button. Oh, & working GPS :D. I'm not experiencing any lag with my phone. The ONLY thing is that the colors do seem a bit washed out, but at least the resolution is really good so nothing seems pixelated.

hey pp how did tmobile end up letting you switch phones outside your remorse period? or did you pay full retail?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones