• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 10.1 Stuck on Samsung boot up screen

heyday

Lurker
Feb 5, 2014
So yesterday I look at my Note 10.1 and the battery was dead. I plug it in and charge it up, turn it on it it is eternally stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen. I've tried soft resetting....same thing. Tried Hard reset.....doesn't ever let me get to that with the key combinations.

Looked online and downloaded the factory firmware and used Odin to flash it. Same thing....

Kind of stuck here.... any ideas. Maybe this baby is just defective.

They make lovely paper weights. If I plug it in, the screen shows a gray frozen battery. After getting a good charge on the battery, I can get the start-up screen to come up with "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" and that stays for about a day before the battery runs low.
I just hate tossing it into the HazMat recycle bin without trying everything to get it running.

Upvote 0
The issue is it is an older device from 2012, and there is not much support on this device. I myself even asked for Usable Roms, as i decided to root mine, and did not get any responses. So my guess there are not many on this device anymore. You can try flashing the the stock Rom on it again with Odin, and see if that helps. Other then that I'm not sure what else you can do. Have you all posted over at XDA in the 10.1 section, to see if others have any suggestions. Might be worth a shot, not much support there either, but you may get lucky on this issue.

One guy posted this info below, might be worth a shot

Here is a link that may help you.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...te-10-1-a.html

It looks like they are saying to connect your Note to your computer in the odin mode, then start odin on your computer and flash the HighOnAndroidCWMRecoveryGTN8000.tar located in this file http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/G...xyNote10.1.zip then reboot into recovery and do a factory rest.

It may work but try at your own risk..... Update ...... as you are not rooted just send it in for repair or return it.

Other then that even though the warranty is up,you can call Samsung and see what they have to say

Also found this thread here, see if any of this helps

Keep us posted if you all get this resolved. ;)

Upvote 0
I have solved this on mine.

Whilst it is locked, hold the power button and the up volume button until it re-boots. Keep holding them both down until it starts to re-boot (you'll see the "Samsung Note 10.1" image come up) then release the power button only.

The tablet should then display an android figure and go into the Android system recovery screen. Use the volume buttons to scroll down to "wipe cache partition" then press the power button to run this. When it has run, use the volume button again to choose "reboot" and press the power button again.

Hopefully that will clear whatever is blocking the tablet from booting up. If not, repeat the process and choose the factory reset option. You will have to set the tablet up again from scratch, but it will save any photos you have on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones