1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Note 10.1 Stuck on Samsung boot up screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heyday, Feb 5, 2014.

1. heyday

heyday Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2014
    So yesterday I look at my Note 10.1 and the battery was dead. I plug it in and charge it up, turn it on it it is eternally stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 screen. I've tried soft resetting....same thing. Tried Hard reset.....doesn't ever let me get to that with the key combinations.

Looked online and downloaded the factory firmware and used Odin to flash it. Same thing....

Kind of stuck here.... any ideas. Maybe this baby is just defective.

Advertisement

2. StanC

StanC Lurker
    None

Nov 21, 2015
    Male
    I guess that there is no answer for this one -- I have the same problem.

3. squeakysand

squeakysand Lurker
    None

Nov 20, 2015
    Same here. Mine has been like this for about a year. I've seen lots of reports of this problem online, but no solutions.

StanC likes this.
  4. StanC

StanC Lurker
    None

Nov 21, 2015
    Male
    They make lovely paper weights. If I plug it in, the screen shows a gray frozen battery. After getting a good charge on the battery, I can get the start-up screen to come up with "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" and that stays for about a day before the battery runs low.
    I just hate tossing it into the HazMat recycle bin without trying everything to get it running.

5. gd123

gd123 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    Me too! I was sure some genius on here would know how to fix it too!

6. DonWitt

DonWitt Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 model GT-N8013. Same issue. Was catching up on the news this morning and it went to the "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" screen. It was fully charged when it happened. Anyone have a way to fix it or do I use it as a reason to tell the wife I need a new tablet?

7. Bruce McCampbell

None

Apr 2, 2016
    Male
    I have the same issue. I can't get to the reset menu

8. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    The issue is it is an older device from 2012, and there is not much support on this device. I myself even asked for Usable Roms, as i decided to root mine, and did not get any responses. So my guess there are not many on this device anymore. You can try flashing the the stock Rom on it again with Odin, and see if that helps. Other then that I'm not sure what else you can do. Have you all posted over at XDA in the 10.1 section, to see if others have any suggestions. Might be worth a shot, not much support there either, but you may get lucky on this issue.

One guy posted this info below, might be worth a shot

Other then that even though the warranty is up,you can call Samsung and see what they have to say

Also found this thread here, see if any of this helps

Keep us posted if you all get this resolved. ;)

9. John Moss

John Moss Lurker
    None

May 20, 2016
    Chingford, London.
    I have solved this on mine.

Whilst it is locked, hold the power button and the up volume button until it re-boots. Keep holding them both down until it starts to re-boot (you'll see the "Samsung Note 10.1" image come up) then release the power button only.

The tablet should then display an android figure and go into the Android system recovery screen. Use the volume buttons to scroll down to "wipe cache partition" then press the power button to run this. When it has run, use the volume button again to choose "reboot" and press the power button again.

Hopefully that will clear whatever is blocking the tablet from booting up. If not, repeat the process and choose the factory reset option. You will have to set the tablet up again from scratch, but it will save any photos you have on it.