• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 2 is not auto connecting Bluetooth

jevs

Lurker
Jan 20, 2013
My Note 2 used to automatically connect to my car (2013 VW Passat), as well as my XLink when I got home. For awhile now it has stopped doing this. Now I have to go to Bluetooth settings and pick "VWphone" or "Xlink" from the list of paired devices every time to make it connect.

This is especially annoying on the car. I usually take off before I realize the phone didn't connect and then have to fiddle with the phone to get it to connect to the car again.

Please let me know if you know how I can fix this and make it automatically connect again when in range. It is not the other devices either. They require no action for the phone to connect once I select it in the phone.

I am on a rooted stock Rom, and at times have the same issue with my Motorola BT, the one built in to the car has no issues, but my Motorola I have to connect to everytime I want to use it. So I am not sure what the solution is, but I think it is more a Samsung issue rather then a BT device issue. Maybe others will chime in.

Upvote 0
I am on a custom ROM (Ditto DN3.1.1) JB 4.3 and don't have that problem, but if I did, I would resort to using Tasker and set it up to execute an action to turn Bluetooth on and off when certain conditions are met. Alternatively, you could use NFC tags (they are quite cheap), programme one with your Note and an app like Trigger from Play Store, stick it somewhere convenient inside the car and simply touch it when entering and again when leaving; I used this successfully before.

Trigger also has sample tasks and actions for anyone to get into the swing of it and you can order tags via the app if you want it convenient, however, there are many other apps providing a similar functionality.

As I said, this would be my personal choice resolving the issue with very little expense and effort.

Upvote 0
Doesn't do it for me either. I have a Genesis and I thought it was the radio. I got the car in August and I always have to hit Genesis to activate. I do shut off Bluetooth when I'm not using it.

The Note 2 is a great phone but I don't like the operating system with respect to email and contacts. I may switch to a Windows Phone for those reasons alone.
the Camera doesn't seem to be sharp enough for deposits to PNC bank, at least not larger checks. Plus, I may want to use the phone with Quickbooks. I'm not even sure what the Windows Phone mail or contacts are like but if they are anything like they were for WM 6, I'm gone.

Contacts doesn't import my outlook categories. It's not easy to see all emails from a single party or in a single thread and the details/Note field in the OS truncates what I get from Outlook. I don't like using third party programs because then you end having an extra systems and contacts to deal with.

dlcpa

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones