• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 2 slowing down, lag, freezing

The Facebook app that runs in safe mode is a different (or should I say *should be the*) version that was pre-installed on the Note 2. If it's not, you can roll everything back to that version using the Application Manager.

Also, there are many config options for Facebook. It may be one of those that's causing the trouble. There are a ton of topics on Facebook in the Applications section of Android Forums that might help, though I'm a little surprised that Facebook doesn't have its own sub-forum there: it is popular enough, and enough of a troublemaker to warrant it.

For me, it's hot sunlight that's the problem. Sitting on my seat with the air conditioning on, but the sun beating down on it easily overheats (and freezes) my Note 2.

Upvote 0
The Facebook app that runs in safe mode is a different (or should I say *should be the*) version that was pre-installed on the Note 2. If it's not, you can roll everything back to that version using the Application Manager.

Also, there are many config options for Facebook. It may be one of those that's causing the trouble. There are a ton of topics on Facebook in the Applications section of Android Forums that might help, though I'm a little surprised that Facebook doesn't have its own sub-forum there: it is popular enough, and enough of a troublemaker to warrant it.

For me, it's hot sunlight that's the problem. Sitting on my seat with the air conditioning on, but the sun beating down on it easily overheats (and freezes) my Note 2.

Thanks for that info. Any particular config options you would recommend for the app?

Upvote 0
I've used a Note 2 for a year and a half without a single issue with lag or freezing, until two or three days ago. It's obviously not the phone, it's got to be an app. I'll go along with it being Facebook. I've just uninstalled it and rebooted. I figure if I really need FB, I can open it in the browser. We'll see....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones