1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Note 2 slowing down, lag, freezing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by richwhite, May 16, 2013.

1. leftstrat

leftstrat Newbie
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Asheville, NC

I don't. It seems to be the application problem.

Advertisement

2. Puppa

Puppa Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    Linux kernel development, Android & Chrome
    Raleigh, NC
    The Facebook app that runs in safe mode is a different (or should I say *should be the*) version that was pre-installed on the Note 2. If it's not, you can roll everything back to that version using the Application Manager.

Also, there are many config options for Facebook. It may be one of those that's causing the trouble. There are a ton of topics on Facebook in the Applications section of Android Forums that might help, though I'm a little surprised that Facebook doesn't have its own sub-forum there: it is popular enough, and enough of a troublemaker to warrant it.

For me, it's hot sunlight that's the problem. Sitting on my seat with the air conditioning on, but the sun beating down on it easily overheats (and freezes) my Note 2.

3. richwhite

richwhite Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    Thanks for that info. Any particular config options you would recommend for the app?

4. kjberrier

kjberrier Lurker
    None

Apr 5, 2011
    I've used a Note 2 for a year and a half without a single issue with lag or freezing, until two or three days ago. It's obviously not the phone, it's got to be an app. I'll go along with it being Facebook. I've just uninstalled it and rebooted. I figure if I really need FB, I can open it in the browser. We'll see....

5. Vorpahl

Vorpahl Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    I also just started having freezing problems the last few days. I wonder if it could have been a Samsung app that was updated that is causing the problem. Whatever it is, it's highly annoying. Unless I do a battery pull, I just have to wait until the phone decides to be responsive again.