• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 3 on MetroPCS?

Since im PRETTY sure metro won't be getting the device we would have to buy tmob's version and bring it over... im assuming it will be 100% compatible.. Can anyone confirm this? because I hear it's running the new "band 4" and im not knowledgeable on this one..

thanks!

I'll throw my chips in for it, unless the price tag is absurd, then I'll just get the mega.

Upvote 0
yep! I have someone already lined up to buy my GS3 for 300 so that will help me save a good amount... @the hulk do you think everything will work on the phone like wifi calling and tethering etc.. as if it was a GSM phone for metro on tmob's towers?

I don't see why it wouldn't to be honest, if you want to, and you're local, you can bring it by and I can screw around with it till I get it to work, other then that, I need one to play with. From what I have experienced so far, everything worked on my Xperia Z, so I don't see why it would have a problem on this. Yes I'm repetitive, hush.

Upvote 0
I am waiting on this one too. I have the S3 and was originally going to get the S4 until I saw my son's Note 2. He has Tmobile and bought it around a month ago but plans on upgrading to the Note 3 :) A few days ago I picked up a couple of Galaxy Tab 3's at Costco for my husband and myself..... wish I could of afforded the new Galaxy Note Tab 10.0 that will be coming out soon LOL! Oh well can't have everything LOL!

Upvote 0
I'm waiting for this phone too. I'm also guessing we're going to have to buy it through T-Mobile first...since it's the same network now, it shouldn't be a problem I think?

I just hope they fix the problems with the towers. I know a lot of people are having the same prob but it gets sooo annoying having your 4g go out in the middle of a YouTube video/web browsing.

Upvote 0
I have a question, I bought my wife a galaxy note 2 from t-mobile got it unlocked and tonight i got it activated on metro pcs I have a notification saying there is a t-mobile software update ready do I install it? now that it is on metropcs?. Never have done a byod before so have to ask. Thanks in advance for any info,

shouldn't do anything negative to it, just screenshot your APN settings prior to update, but that's just me being paranoid.

Reactions: kb0sdq
Upvote 0
Hello all, I am new here but I have been a lurker since the GS3 days. I have two questions on getting the note 3 onto Metro. Any thoughts would be helpful!

Do you guys know if there will be an unlocked GSM version of this device free of carrier bloatware that will run fully on metro? Also if I were to buy the tmobile note 3 and bring it over to Metro, will my google wallet no longer work on metro? It is my understanding that tmobile phones block google wallet.

By the way. I know rooting is an option, but it is one of those things I no longer like to deal with.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Well the wife announced last night over the crap we went thru or are still going thru (nuther thread) that she wants the Note 3 and to sign up with T-Mobile so you know the saying "Happy wife happy life" So when my metro account comes due Oct. 12th I will be switching to t mobile the notes are supposed to be available Oct. 1 so will buy them outright. $703 and change each and they have the same plan as metro $80 family plan for two lines. So if anyone might want a almost month old Metropcs S4 & her Note 2 (unlocked) will be going on swappa
Have a great week-ens everyone
Ciao

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones