1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Notification Issue While Playing Music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boomer_jmoore, Jul 26, 2013.

1. boomer_jmoore

boomer_jmoore Android Enthusiast

I'm new to the Sony Xperia Z and have had a few android devices for a few years now. This is the only phone that feels fine as far as functionality that I don't have a need to mod or root the device. I was wondering if anybody could help me with an issue I've found in the stock rom.

I keep my phone either on vibrate or silent always. My phone is mostly used for playing music when I'm on the go. Even though I have ringers set to none I'm still getting notifications interrupting my music. It goes down a few levels and then picks back up. Is there something I'm missing here? It's an annoying little issue that bugs the hell out of me lol

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert

Unfortunately this is quite normal and I have yet to work out a way around it. If I find one I will post here.

3. boomer_jmoore

boomer_jmoore Android Enthusiast

Thanks so much.

4. phillyundead

phillyundead Well-Known Member

Download Chomp SMS and in their settings there's a choice to turn off notifications during music. I set mine to only vibrate. That bugged the crap out of me too.

5. phillyundead

phillyundead Well-Known Member

As for other notifications, I'm not sure. I usually force close Kik and facebook when i'm listening to music.

Sony Xperia Z Forum

The Sony Xperia Z release date was February 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2330mAh battery.

February 2013
Release Date
Reviews