1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Notification Issue While Playing Music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boomer_jmoore, Jul 26, 2013.

1. boomer_jmoore

boomer_jmoore Android Enthusiast

I'm new to the Sony Xperia Z and have had a few android devices for a few years now. This is the only phone that feels fine as far as functionality that I don't have a need to mod or root the device. I was wondering if anybody could help me with an issue I've found in the stock rom.

I keep my phone either on vibrate or silent always. My phone is mostly used for playing music when I'm on the go. Even though I have ringers set to none I'm still getting notifications interrupting my music. It goes down a few levels and then picks back up. Is there something I'm missing here? It's an annoying little issue that bugs the hell out of me lol

Advertisement

2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert

Unfortunately this is quite normal and I have yet to work out a way around it. If I find one I will post here.

3. boomer_jmoore

boomer_jmoore Android Enthusiast

Thanks so much.

4. phillyundead

phillyundead Well-Known Member

Download Chomp SMS and in their settings there's a choice to turn off notifications during music. I set mine to only vibrate. That bugged the crap out of me too.

5. phillyundead

phillyundead Well-Known Member

As for other notifications, I'm not sure. I usually force close Kik and facebook when i'm listening to music.