• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification ringtone doesn't play?

RoseBuilder

Lurker
Jul 26, 2017
I need help. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) doesn't play the ringtone I have chosen to play when I get notifications, instead it plays one that I have never used before. This happens with games on my phone. When recieving text messages I don't get any sound at all.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Last edited:
Is your phone Galaxy S5 updated to the latest version? Check if there are any updates in Settings > About Phone > Updates (or similar places - phones vary).

I'd also check your Do Not Disturb settings as I've seen people mistakenly toy with these and then forget where they actually access them.

Lastly, have you downloaded any 3rd party apps for ringtones? It's possible there is a 3rd party app overriding your main settings.

Upvote 0
Is your phone Galaxy S5 updated to the latest version? Check if there are any updates in Settings > About Phone > Updates (or similar places - phones vary).
I'd also check your Do Not Disturb settings as I've seen people mistakenly toy with these and then forget where they actually access them.
Lastly, have you downloaded any 3rd party apps for ringtones? It's possible there is a 3rd party app overriding your main settings.

I got a friend to help me. I don't use Do Not Disturb, and I know where to turn it off. The phone is updated to the latest version.
Thank you for wanting to help though =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones