• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification sound while using headphones

BklynEnigma

Apr 25, 2011
This is my 4th android phone, and I'm loving every minute of my White Galaxy S II...however I have one small problem that I can't seem to find in the settings.

When I'm using my headphones for music (Rhapsody and Music Player), and I get a message, the notification sound plays thru the phone itself. I always had it, that if my headphones were in, the notification sound would play on my headphones. Is there anyway to get it to that way on this phone?

Even if it's not fixable, is anyone at least experiencing the same thing?

The only thing I've been able to do is silence the Notification/ringer when I have headphones on, but that's annoying. I've had the G2X, Cliq XT, and the Mytouch 3G Slide, and while this is a much better phone in almost every aspect, they didn't have this issue :(

Upvote 0
Stock. If neccesary I will root to avoid this issue.

If I silence the notification sound, it doesn't play anywhere. I do want the notifications to play, just thru my headphones, not thru the speakers. I use public transportation, and even at home I use the headphones to listen to music, play games loudly without bothering others, and then all of a sudden I get a text message and the speakers blast out my annoying-to-others text message sounds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones