• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification sounds

tphj

Aug 14, 2013
Scotland
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Tablet and am not what you could call computer literate.I can follow instructions written in plain language
Is it possible to get my tablet to make a sound when it receives emails?
I already have the sounds [you've got mail etc] on my tablet

Thank you in advance

Paul

Hi Paul, welcome to AF! :)

If you create a folder on the SD Card/internal memory called notifications, then place the ring tones in there, they should appear in the list of choices when you go to select the tone you want.

If you head to Settings -> Sound, you'll have options to set the Global notification tone. That will be the tone across all apps.

What email app are you using? Stock email app or Gmail?

Upvote 0
Adjust the notification sound
Steps to change the notification sound for emails and texts on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
  1. From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
  2. Scroll to and tap Settings.
  3. Tap Sound.
  4. Tap Default notifications.
  5. Tap your preferred notification sound and then tap OK.
  6. You've now changed the notification sound.
I found this on the internet,being a bit of a thicko which is the "All Apps icon"

• Paul

Upvote 0
You will have to probably download a ring tone app or notification app from the Google Play Store or whatever you use to download apps. That exact notification tone I don't think is a default tone. But once you do that you should be able to go back into your Settings using the steps you posted above and set that as your email notification.

Reactions: tphj
Upvote 0
Following the above suggestion I have downloaded from the Play Store Pocket Comedy Modular.
I have chosen a ring tone and set it as my Default notification.
I have subsequently downloaded nineteen emails [not all at once] and my tablet hasn't made a sound.
Am I missing something?

Paul

Did you select "notify me when mail arrives" in the email account setup? If not selected in the account nothing that you change or add in Notifications will make any difference.

Reactions: tphj
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones