• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notifications Changing System-Wide

S

sail4fun201

I have a quick question that I ahven't been able to find the answer to.

If I customize all of my alerts for SMS, email, calls, etc., to sounds (no vibrate), and put the phone in vibrate mode, does it replace all of these sounds with vibration? So that there is no sound coming out of the phone? Same with if I put the phone on silent? I would hope you don't have to go in and change the notification settings for each application to vibrate if you want vibrate, right?

I've read some stuff that suggested that this could happen, and it doesn't make sense, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks

I have a quick question that I ahven't been able to find the answer to.

If I customize all of my alerts for SMS, email, calls, etc., to sounds (no vibrate), and put the phone in vibrate mode, does it replace all of these sounds with vibration? So that there is no sound coming out of the phone? Same with if I put the phone on silent? I would hope you don't have to go in and change the notification settings for each application to vibrate if you want vibrate, right?

I've read some stuff that suggested that this could happen, and it doesn't make sense, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks

My vibrate didn't even work for notifications till i installed sound manager.. no idea why either :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones