• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nova Launcher set as default, what does message mean?

I just updated Nova Launcher, along with some other apps. After all was done, all of my home screens changed; I figure I can get them back to where I want, but when I set Nova Launcher as my default launcher, there is a message at the top of the Nova Settings page about previous launcher that says:
Open recent apps and swipe away other launchers to clear them from memory and history

My previous launcher WAS Nova, I have no idea what the above instruction means, or how you "swipe away other launchers." :eek: Please help!

Holly

DOH! I thank you both.

I opened up the recent apps (seemed to work by just holding down the home key, which I thought HTC changed, but....) and swiped them away. Nova Launcher settings no longer displays the message, so apparently this did indeed do the trick.

(My only excuse is that this is my first smart phone, but, obviously, I need to do some more exploration of my phone's basic functions - if I had, I might have been able to figure this out on my own! :eek:)

Holly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones