1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Nova Launcher set as default, what does message mean?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by OakIris, Apr 16, 2013.

1. OakIris

OakIris Member

I just updated Nova Launcher, along with some other apps. After all was done, all of my home screens changed; I figure I can get them back to where I want, but when I set Nova Launcher as my default launcher, there is a message at the top of the Nova Settings page about previous launcher that says:
    My previous launcher WAS Nova, I have no idea what the above instruction means, or how you "swipe away other launchers." :eek: Please help!

Holly

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AlexRayquaza

AlexRayquaza Android Enthusiast

That means if you had some other launcher such as touch wiz or sense along but you were using nova instead,then just hold down your home button and swipe all the applications away.

3. OakIris

OakIris Member

Thank you for your response, AlexRayquaza, but I am afraid I am still lost in space.

What is the purpose of doing this, and how do you "swipe all of your applications away?" From where are you swiping them, and to where? Boy, feeling kind of stupid! :eek:

Holly

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

When you bring up the recent apps window, you can swipe the thumbnails away to clear them from cache. A faster and less troublesome way would be to just reboot the phone to get an entirely clear cache.

Crashdamage likes this.
  5. AlexRayquaza

Yeah chanchan05 hit the nail on the head.
    Basically a user friendly task killer/memory manager.

6. OakIris

OakIris Member

DOH! I thank you both.

I opened up the recent apps (seemed to work by just holding down the home key, which I thought HTC changed, but....) and swiped them away. Nova Launcher settings no longer displays the message, so apparently this did indeed do the trick.

(My only excuse is that this is my first smart phone, but, obviously, I need to do some more exploration of my phone's basic functions - if I had, I might have been able to figure this out on my own! :eek:)

Holly

7. AlexRayquaza

Welcome.
    Twas a pleasure.

8. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

I started using Nova launcher (free) today. So far, it seems pretty nice. However, when I receive a text message (stock app) Nova is disabled. I then have to go into my app drawer and tap the Nova icon to get it back. Strange?