• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Novo 7 venus Problem

Litipis

Lurker
Apr 16, 2013
I have the Novo 7 venus and worked fine for about a month. Then, the tablet started to get stuck when I was using it. So I had had to keep performing a soft reset for a bunch of times. After this had happened a lot, it started getting stuck in the first loading screens. Obviously, the tablet became useless. So I decided to do the firmware update. I did it and re-did it with many versions but the only thing that changed is that I can use the tablet for 1-2 mins until it stucks again. Any help?

I have the Novo 7 venus and worked fine for about a month. Then, the tablet started to get stuck when I was using it. So I had had to keep performing a soft reset for a bunch of times. After this had happened a lot, it started getting stuck in the first loading screens. Obviously, the tablet became useless. So I decided to do the firmware update. I did it and re-did it with many versions but the only thing that changed is that I can use the tablet for 1-2 mins until it stucks again. Any help?

Greetings, Litipis, and welcome!

Those issues of being "stuck" or slowing down, hanging or crashing, are often remedied by a good thorough clearing of app and widget caches in the Application Manager (or via a 3rd party cache cleaning app).

Doing any kind of system update while the device is in less than useful condition can often magnify the problems because of the changes being made via the update and the clogged nature of the storage areas where the updating software needs to do its work.

Your best choice now is to go ahead and take your time in the Application Manager and do what you should have done earlier on before performing the update. ;) Go into each app and hit "clear cache" one at a time. In apps that you are willing to "start over" with, that is reconfigure, also hit the "clear data" button.

Then reboot. :)

Upvote 0
Greetings, Litipis, and welcome!

Those issues of being "stuck" or slowing down, hanging or crashing, are often remedied by a good thorough clearing of app and widget caches in the Application Manager (or via a 3rd party cache cleaning app).

Doing any kind of system update while the device is in less than useful condition can often magnify the problems because of the changes being made via the update and the clogged nature of the storage areas where the updating software needs to do its work.

Your best choice now is to go ahead and take your time in the Application Manager and do what you should have done earlier on before performing the update. ;) Go into each app and hit "clear cache" one at a time. In apps that you are willing to "start over" with, that is reconfigure, also hit the "clear data" button.

Then reboot. :)

Thank you Frisco for the welcome and the kind reply. You think that this could be the problem, shouldn't it be done automatically with the hard reset? Nevertheless I will try it when I return home and post the results! :fisheye:

Upvote 0
Thank you Frisco for the welcome and the kind reply. You think that this could be the problem, shouldn't it be done automatically with the hard reset? Nevertheless I will try it when I return home and post the results! :fisheye:

So I did it and worked for a while. But after I installed some apps, it was getting stuck again. I tried to erase the cache again but it got laggy first. I have the feeling that the problem is the internal sd card memory, because in the app section it seems that it tries to load the stuff from the internal sd but it cannot and get stuck (ex. it does not show the apps that are installed in it or the memory they are using) Any trick to erase all the internal sd card?

EDIT: I am 90% sure that this is the problem. When an app tries to access the internal sd storage the tablet stucks. Now at storage settings it does not show the internal sd, only the internal. Is there a way to deactivate the internal sd storage completely?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones