1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Now into the smartphone world

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrsfarmer, Jan 5, 2012.

1. mrsfarmer

mrsfarmer Newbie
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    I have finally joined the ranks of smartphone ownership - specifically the REZOUND! I'm such a newbie with all of this but it looks like it will be fun ownership!

My main irritation so far is the phone goes to sleep so fast and then I have to push the button to wake it up. Is there anything I can set to improve the time before shutting the screen off?

Also when a txt comes in, it will ding or whatever but the screen doesn't wake up in order to view who it's from.

So far I've downloaded the Square Up app & the Red Laser app.

Any suggestions of other apps that should be used?

Advertisement

2. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Android Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2010
    Male
    San Diego, CA
    menu. Settings. Display. Screen time out.

Apps?! Too many to list. I believe theirs a forum with app reviews. With being new to smart phones, some apps may be overwhelming. Is their anything in particular you're looking to do?

Here ya go.. http://androidforums.com/android-discussion/

trophynuts likes this.
  3. ToyotaTacoma

ToyotaTacoma Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    That is what the LED in the upper right hand corner is for. It notifies you when you have a message if you don't hear it. If my phone turned the screen on for every email, text, or whatsapp message I got, the battery would die very quickly.

Congrats on choosing a very good phone as your first smartphone. Check the tips on battery life as I am sure you will be shocked at how quickly it will drain compared to your non-smart phone. With that said, the Rezound seems to be pretty good on the battery, I make it through one day easily.

4. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    Recent reports claim there are now 400,000 Android apps available. That's not as many as Apple's 500,000 and a few of them may not be fully compatible w/the Rezound, but even 350,000 should offer a pretty good selection to choose from. ;)

secretLOVER pointed to a good place to look. There have also been a lot of "10 best Android apps" articles published for the holiday season.

Here are a few of my favorites that run great on the Rezound:

trophynuts and daffy113 like this.
  5. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Welcome to the world of smart phone mrsfarmer. Great choice of phone BTW. I hope you enjoy your Rez as much as we do. Be sure to read the tips threads for all of the neat things your phone will do. Remember.. we are a community here that's bound by a great device. Holler if you need assistance in any fashion.

trophynuts likes this.
  6. climberman

climberman Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2011

You will find these threads to be some of the most friendly and helpful around ......the learning curve when one buys their first smartphone phone is steep .....plan on several weeks + before you begin to feel really comfortable with the phone and features .....

I am in a profession where it is not an option to miss a call or text on a 24/7 365 day a year basis - I have maybe a few days a year when I am not on call.....so try the following app " Missed Call Pop Up Notifier" ......any incoming call or text will pop up on your screen ( whether you are writing a memo or browsing the internet or playing a game or downloading songs ) or whether the phone is on sleep mode ....you can specifiy how long the reminder stays ..... it is the best app I have found for not missing a call or text....

Welcome to the world of the Rezound ..... the best smartphone I have ever used :) what was my life like before I was rezounded....... :) :)

trophynuts and BlueBiker like this.
  7. g8rez

g8rez Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Try GoSms, its a free market app that you can use in place of the stock txt/sms. It is very customizable, and allows a new txt to open up a pop up window, and/or turn the screen on.
    I use it and would never go back to the stock one.

Many other people like handcent, so you might want to try that on as well and see which one you like better.

Tags: