• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Now into the smartphone world

mrsfarmer

Nov 28, 2011
I have finally joined the ranks of smartphone ownership - specifically the REZOUND! I'm such a newbie with all of this but it looks like it will be fun ownership!

My main irritation so far is the phone goes to sleep so fast and then I have to push the button to wake it up. Is there anything I can set to improve the time before shutting the screen off?

Also when a txt comes in, it will ding or whatever but the screen doesn't wake up in order to view who it's from.

So far I've downloaded the Square Up app & the Red Laser app.

Any suggestions of other apps that should be used?

Also when a txt comes in, it will ding or whatever but the screen doesn't wake up in order to view who it's from.

That is what the LED in the upper right hand corner is for. It notifies you when you have a message if you don't hear it. If my phone turned the screen on for every email, text, or whatsapp message I got, the battery would die very quickly.

Congrats on choosing a very good phone as your first smartphone. Check the tips on battery life as I am sure you will be shocked at how quickly it will drain compared to your non-smart phone. With that said, the Rezound seems to be pretty good on the battery, I make it through one day easily.

Upvote 0
Recent reports claim there are now 400,000 Android apps available. That's not as many as Apple's 500,000 and a few of them may not be fully compatible w/the Rezound, but even 350,000 should offer a pretty good selection to choose from. ;)

secretLOVER pointed to a good place to look. There have also been a lot of "10 best Android apps" articles published for the holiday season.

Here are a few of my favorites that run great on the Rezound:

Upvote 0
I have finally joined the ranks of smartphone ownership - specifically the REZOUND! I'm such a newbie with all of this but it looks like it will be fun ownership!

My main irritation so far is the phone goes to sleep so fast and then I have to push the button to wake it up. Is there anything I can set to improve the time before shutting the screen off?

So far I've downloaded the Square Up app & the Red Laser app.

Any suggestions of other apps that should be used?

You will find these threads to be some of the most friendly and helpful around ......the learning curve when one buys their first smartphone phone is steep .....plan on several weeks + before you begin to feel really comfortable with the phone and features .....

I am in a profession where it is not an option to miss a call or text on a 24/7 365 day a year basis - I have maybe a few days a year when I am not on call.....so try the following app " Missed Call Pop Up Notifier" ......any incoming call or text will pop up on your screen ( whether you are writing a memo or browsing the internet or playing a game or downloading songs ) or whether the phone is on sleep mode ....you can specifiy how long the reminder stays ..... it is the best app I have found for not missing a call or text....

Welcome to the world of the Rezound ..... the best smartphone I have ever used :) what was my life like before I was rezounded....... :) :)

Upvote 0
Try GoSms, its a free market app that you can use in place of the stock txt/sms. It is very customizable, and allows a new txt to open up a pop up window, and/or turn the screen on.
I use it and would never go back to the stock one.

Many other people like handcent, so you might want to try that on as well and see which one you like better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones