• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NSA Secretly Collecting Phone Records

I read that they're actually going to start trying to fine Isp , for not implementation of backdoors for the clienteles connected to their isp, so wont matter firewall or not once the isp gives in & implemented backdoor access to anyone they wanted access to, best way to not allow this is to power off modems when not useing them the 24/7 access with a backdoor implemented into the isp itself they will have access, if they wanted, i need more knowledge of this stuff to have a a sense of defense for myself, i read they also have a place in VA meant specifically for the attack on us citizens from the aclu words i read, alot of good reading below

https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-21/dc-21-speakers.html#Soghoian

Upvote 0
At this point if you aren't on at least one watch list you are part of the problem. The government is tracking, bugging, spying on anyone and everyone that cares about freedom, small/controlled government, the constitution, etc

DAE feel they are a martyr????

Anyway, I doubt they are physically bugging you. Probably collecting far too much personal information nonetheless.

Upvote 0
DAE feel they are a martyr????

Anyway, I doubt they are physically bugging you. Probably collecting far too much personal information nonetheless.

physical "bugs" are not needed for any electronic or telephone communication which they do monitor all of. And, yes, they do physically bug a lot more people than you would imagine!

Upvote 0
You used to be able to run trace route through command prompt or terminal and find a certain string that would tell you if you were being bugged but they don't need that no more all they gotta do is demand the information now & it is handed over to them, they had splinters on networks at its core to relay all information back to a secret room but they no longer need that if they can demand it warrantlessy & have it handed over

I know I don't appreciate it not at all and many many Americans don't appreciate it the secret courts the secret rules the secret spying that's not what the American people want not on themselves especially since the FBI is been able to request all that information and use it against a person in court but yet they couldnt say where they got that information that's wrong how can it be a government of the people if we dont have any knowledge of it happening to us, we cant decide info on our own rules and regulations for certain things if it's behind our back and done to us and used against us I kind of think that all the people that been arrested since the very start of this scandal should have their lawyers be able to request any information that could released from prison because they could be innocent of whatever crime they were charged with but the NSA would know that that was true that they were innocent if they had all this information they would also know which one to really guilty and they've kept it quiet now as far as I know it goes back 2008 so anybody arrested from 2008 that is truly innocent that may have some kind of electronic signature that the NSA has that could prove them innocent should get on that demand all that information to prove there innocent. Such as Casey Anthony thing she's already found innocent but I bet the NSA has all the information she searched and could probably prove her guilty too late now for her to be guilty once found innocent because you can't recharge somebody with the same crime but all them people that are locked up that there may be some evidence is there anything they can have that overturned and released just like DNA testing didn't exist 40 years ago or so but they've been able to use DNA testing to release people and overturn a guilty verdict I don't know it just doesn't seem like it's for the people if you know what I mean it's something that can be used against the people

Upvote 0
They could find her guilty with new evidence. They just can't try her again based on just the evidence of the first trial.
There's currently a case in the courts now with a guy being tried for murder. He says he didn't do it, and if he had his phone records from the NSA it'd prove his innocence. They won't release that info though.

But you are right. If the NSA records can be used in court to convict, they should also be available to acquit.

Edit: robbery, not murder http://m.cnet.com/news/accused-robber-wants-nsa-phone-records-to-prove-his-innocence/57589202?ds=1

Reactions: Kritter888
Upvote 0
You used to be able to run trace route through command prompt or terminal and find a certain string that would tell you if you were being bugged but they don't need that no more all they gotta do is demand the information now & it is handed over to them, they had splinters on networks at its core to relay all information back to a secret room but they no longer need that if they can demand it warrantlessy & have it handed over

I know I don't appreciate it not at all and many many Americans don't appreciate it the secret courts the secret rules the secret spying that's not what the American people want not on themselves especially since the FBI is been able to request all that information and use it against a person in court but yet they couldnt say where they got that information that's wrong how can it be a government of the people if we dont have any knowledge of it happening to us, we cant decide info on our own rules and regulations for certain things if it's behind our back and done to us and used against us I kind of think that all the people that been arrested since the very start of this scandal should have their lawyers be able to request any information that could released from prison because they could be innocent of whatever crime they were charged with but the NSA would know that that was true that they were innocent if they had all this information they would also know which one to really guilty and they've kept it quiet now as far as I know it goes back 2008 so anybody arrested from 2008 that is truly innocent that may have some kind of electronic signature that the NSA has that could prove them innocent should get on that demand all that information to prove there innocent. Such as Casey Anthony thing she's already found innocent but I bet the NSA has all the information she searched and could probably prove her guilty too late now for her to be guilty once found innocent because you can't recharge somebody with the same crime but all them people that are locked up that there may be some evidence is there anything they can have that overturned and released just like DNA testing didn't exist 40 years ago or so but they've been able to use DNA testing to release people and overturn a guilty verdict I don't know it just doesn't seem like it's for the people if you know what I mean it's something that can be used against the people

Man was that painful to read with the lack of punctuation! I think I got the point though.

They could find her guilty with new evidence. They just can't try her again based on just the evidence of the first trial.
There's currently a case in the courts now with a guy being tried for murder. He says he didn't do it, and if he had his phone records from the NSA it'd prove his innocence. They won't release that info though.

But you are right. If the NSA records can be used in court to convict, they should also be available to acquit.

Edit: robbery, not murder Accused robber wants NSA phone records to prove his innocence - CNET Mobile

It isn't used for convictions because it is illegal. They use the data, then fabricate an investigation (also illegal), but the NSA "evidence" is hidden from defense attorneys, prosecutors, and judges (all illegal)

There is no end to the corruption. All empires throughout history have fallen. America has been great for so long because the Constitution of the United States is the single best, most powerful document ever written. Unfortunately, the corrupt politicians in DC have been destroying it little by little for years and the idiots keep electing the most corrupt (Feinstine, Reid, Pelosi, Bohner, McCain, Graham, just to name a few).

I hope things change, but I really don't think they will. There are so many brain dead voters that don't have a clue and don't want to understand anything before they vote that I think what is coming is inevitable. I dread what is coming, but I will be prepared.

Upvote 0
Man was that painful to read with the lack of punctuation! I think I got the point though.

It isn't used for convictions because it is illegal. They use the data, then fabricate an investigation (also illegal), but the NSA "evidence" is hidden from defense attorneys, prosecutors, and judges (all illegal)

There is no end to the corruption. All empires throughout history have fallen. America has been great for so long because the Constitution of the United States is the single best, most powerful document ever written. Unfortunately, the corrupt politicians in DC have been destroying it little by little for years and the idiots keep electing the most corrupt (Feinstine, Reid, Pelosi, Bohner, McCain, Graham, just to name a few).

I hope things change, but I really don't think they will. There are so many brain dead voters that don't have a clue and don't want to understand anything before they vote that I think what is coming is inevitable. I dread what is coming, but I will be prepared.

Alright this is the one place that we all agree on something trying not insult others by there type of wording and they're typing this is all done by speech to text because I am disabled and I'm not going to go through And re correct every little thing that this types wrong, Plus on top of that there's other countries involved in this not just Americans and they don't have proper English either or wording, there should be some kind of punishment for politicians elected officials that make promises that get them elected and don't complete it by the time there voted in that's where it drops you can lie up your ass up until you get elected then you don't have to follow anything that you said that you would do that to me is treason and theft, but I agree with you unless there's some kind of penalty for big government lies then there probably won't be a change not like we all have a big handful of people who to vote on anyway we get who runs that's not always the best choices for us if we don't like any of them a lot of times they don't vote ,you lose interest in the officials running because neither are qualified, there is big flaws in our System you give anyone man too much power they will use it I don't even think the president should have all the power of a military wasn't too long ago that one president had a severe toothache and back then they used cocaine to numb the pain that was around the time what the challenge with Russia and paranoia with flyovers and threats from both sides and drop cover under a desk during air raids as if that would ever protect you from an atomic bomb basically kiss your azz goodbye, but there should be 2 man men for presidency not one the president has power over military there should always be someone to complain to should always be a method of Investigation against big government even local law enforcement or state laws there should always be a method to protect the people such as if a cop abuses his power yeah of course not going to listen to a regular person but if there was a place to complain to and they get enough of the same exact complaint against one officer then they have no choice but to investigate the truth of it and this particular protection should be run by voting in people that also have short terms maybe two to four years tops like a panel, you can be a judge for ever, dealing with crimes for a lifetime I think you would eventually after hearing enough bad crap it goes around the world you would have eventually become immune to caring about the person rights or if he's guilty or innocent because to you that's all you see everyday family strength and therapist and doctors you see that stuff everyday everybody sick everybody's bad you just stop caring so we don't have a perfect system and the one thing that did keep us great what's the Constitution and the Bill of Rights that they're trying to dissect

Upvote 0
...just putting a placeholder for this quote because I cant fathom having all that text repeated...

kritter the thing you have to realize..... in regards to all the 'there should be safeguards in place, checks and balances'........ THERE ARE

the constitution was specifically written to prevent the things that are occurring right now.... theyve just chosen to ignore the constitution

with the exception of advances in technology....... we have thousands of laws to protect and prevent every conceivable scenario....... they just arent enforced..... example........ all these left wing extremists whining for more gun laws.... we dont need a single new gun law, we just need the current laws enforced....... or border control/ILLEGAL aliens... we dont need immigration reform or new laws on border control...... we have plenty of laws in place to prevent a single illegal from entering this country...... they just arent enforced

so your idea of 2 presidents.... not necessary.... there are 2 other bodies of government to keep 1 in check..... they just refuse to do it

of course the other problem is the idiot population who refuse to educate themselves before voting..... maybe we do need 1 more law..... you have to take an exam designed around the policies of any candidate you choose to vote for before your allowed to vote..... if you want to vote for that candidate...... prove you know who they are and what theyre about

your opinion on term limits is spot on though..... no person should hold any office more than 2 terms..... all that "experience" crap they preach just means more under the table connections

Reactions: Kritter888
Upvote 0
They did have required tests to vote...... then this whole thing called the civil rights movement happened lol.

But I think the population in America is being deliberately dumbed down. The policies of restricting our freedoms slowly reigning in. Like that story about the frog in the pot of water that's slowly being warmed up, he doesn't notice because it's so gradual, and then he's cooked.

The war in Iraq had something of a 90% approval from the American people at the beginning. I knew it was BS from the get go. People are conditioned to believe the lies our government tells us, regardless of how many times they've lied. If the government was a girlfriend, I would've dumped her 20 years ago.

Upvote 0
have to agree with out on this one......... theres no specific law that says the defense is entitled to any evidence...... at least not on the federal level......... state laws vary

I don't know the legal terms, but yes, you are entitled to the evidence they're going to use to convict you. It doesn't matter anyway, our legal system is so jacked. If you're sitting in the defendant seat, I think there's somewhere around 70% chance your getting convicted. Plea bargains count as a conviction. Most people sitting on the jury see the defendant as guilty from the get go. "Must have done something wrong to get there" mentality, so the defense is an uphill battle.
This whole NSA thing is just stacking the weights against you even higher without giving you a chance for a fair trial.
And for the jury, most intelligent people find a way out of jury duty or get weeded out in selection.

DA have complete immunity, that's the law.
I know. They make it illegal, but give them immunity from the laws they are breaking. The Zimmerman case had some huge prosecutor misconduct going on. The tech who reported it got fired and was a defense witness. They could've probably got a conviction if they played fair and went for a lesser charge.

I pray I never have to sit in the defendant seat in a courtroom. With prosecutors given a free ride to break the law, a jury of my peers who only know what the TV tells them, and being forced to present evidence to prove my innocence.

Edit: I'd rather see 10 guilty men walk free than 1 innocent man spend a day in prison. I forget where I heard that, but I think one of our founding fathers said it. Correction, I just googled it, Ben Franklin took it from someone named Blackstone, and the way Franklin said it was "it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer". That's the way our law was designed to work, but the way it is now, It is better 10 innocent suffer than that one guilty person escape.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones