• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Upvote 0
How are you installing the package?

Under USB settings select MTP device. Connect the phone to your computer, Place the Poot.apk in the downloads folder. You should see the device under Explorer. You'll need to enable side loading under settings (it will prompt you to do so the first time you click on it)

After that the rest of the tutorial should be pretty self explanatory. Let me know if you need any help.

Upvote 0
Nothing scary about it. The Centura IS a Qualcom device. Once you have root using the method above and poke around a little bit you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Either way. I did this to my Centura and it worked 100%. No issues whatsoever.

You should report it back to that thread at XDA so they can add the Centura to the list of phones it works on along with the extra steps you used.

Upvote 0
This is where I also got confused

Don't worry about that part. If you unmount external SD and download and open the apk file it should install perfectly. You can then follow the rest of the steps. It worked fine for me. And I got supersu working. But I had to install superuser first and open it. It will prompt you to uninstall superuser and request root permission. Just for anyone who prefers supersu

Upvote 0
Don't worry about that part. If you unmount external SD and download and open the apk file it should install perfectly. You can then follow the rest of the steps. It worked fine for me. And I got supersu working. But I had to install superuser first and open it. It will prompt you to uninstall superuser and request root permission. Just for anyone who prefers supersu

I tried this, however I never get the black screen. Instead it sits at a white screen and tells me: :thinking:

"A demon materialized while pooting. Error Code 87 su binary was not written. You need to restart your device."

That's all it does, it will sit there till I do something with the phone. The only black screen I get is when the phone goes into standby. However it's still responsive. Any ideas?

*EDIT*
I tried doing a power off and back on and then doing step 9, it just causes my phone to reboot.

*EDIT 2*
After the last edit I went ahead and when the phone reboot done step 9 again and then got the three menu item promtps. Powered down the phone and booted it back up, installed Superuser from the market and BAM!! I am rooted!

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
We have a new more reliable root method using Odin to install Clock Work Mod and then using Clock Work Mod to root the Samsung Galaxy Centura. Thanks to the developers at Area51! They are also working on the very first ROM.

First step is to install CWM via Odin. Instructions and the download for CWM can be found in this thread.

Root Method via CWM can be found in this thread.

Cheers everyone! :smokingsomb:

Reactions: war elephant
Upvote 0
If I rooted using the original "Poot" (Qualcom) method as described earlier on this board can I still obtain the Clock Work Mod recovery as they use over at area 51? They seem to "officially" be unable to recommend their method of obtaining CWM after using the Poot method to root however I would just like to know if this will cause damage or Am I simply out of luck since I have already rooted using Poot.

Upvote 0
If I rooted using the original "Poot" (Qualcom) method as described earlier on this board can I still obtain the Clock Work Mod recovery as they use over at area 51? They seem to "officially" be unable to recommend their method of obtaining CWM after using the Poot method to root however I would just like to know if this will cause damage or Am I simply out of luck since I have already rooted using Poot.

I'm poot rooted and I have cwm successfully installed with odin

Reactions: Fumblefingers6
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones