• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oem charger

Upvote 0
I would contact LG and ask if you can buy or get another or work with Verizon to get another.

That was one thing I was concerned about moving from my S4 to the G2: LG doesn't seem to sell any replacement parts on their Web site (Samsung has replacement chargers and batteries, etc. on their Web site). I know of possibly two official chargers: My T-Mobile G2 came with a charger made by Sunlin and my friends Verizon G2 came with a charger made by Dongho (I'm guessing this is official but he bought it used). I would personally stick with an "official" charger.

Also, does anyone know why these G2 chargers aren't UL listed?

Upvote 0
Is there anything special about the OEM microUSB cable that comes with the G2? (I have the AT&T version). I have a number of 6 ft microUSB cables (Amazon Basics) that have always worked well for any other devices I've used them with. When I attempt to charge the G2 with these cables, they "slow charge". When I swap them out for the original (shorter) cable, it fast charges. Is it simply the length of the cable, or is there something special about the OEM cable beyond its short length that enables it to fast charge?

Upvote 0
Is there anything special about the OEM microUSB cable that comes with the G2? (I have the AT&T version). I have a number of 6 ft microUSB cables (Amazon Basics) that have always worked well for any other devices I've used them with. When I attempt to charge the G2 with these cables, they "slow charge". When I swap them out for the original (shorter) cable, it fast charges. Is it simply the length of the cable, or is there something special about the OEM cable beyond its short length that enables it to fast charge?

I don't think its a G2 issue, its a Amazon Basics cable issue... I had a couple different ones and they gave me sporadic issues with slow charging on a variety of devices... I finally gave up and switched to Mediabridge cables and had no issues at all, plus they are the same price or cheaper than Amazon Basic cables... Not to mention I can get a quality coiled cord that is long enough and it never falls out.

Upvote 0
In general, I believe it is the chargers responsibility to short the appropriate contacts to signal the charger supports fast charging. If the cable did it, it wouldn't support data transfer.

However if you have an inferior cable there well be sufficient resistance such that there is a voltage drop in the cable itself and the phone will sense this and slow charge...
That's my mental model and I'm sticking to it.

But seriously, you can getan OEM cable and charger for next to nothing... Why use anything else? Not all chargers are of equal quality... I stay away from them...

Upvote 0

I was going to buy the OEM charger but when I asked the seller the length of the cable, they said it's only 3 ft. I already have one short cord, I need a long one too so I just ordered the 6 ft one from ebay. For my car, I bought a Rocketfish one from Best Buy because I had a $5 coupon & had to buy something or lose the coupon. It really is amazing how fast the phone charges, even considering the larger battery size.

Upvote 0
I was going to buy the OEM charger but when I asked the seller the length of the cable, they said it's only 3 ft. I already have one short cord, I need a long one too so I just ordered the 6 ft one from ebay. For my car, I bought a Rocketfish one from Best Buy because I had a $5 coupon & had to buy something or lose the coupon. It really is amazing how fast the phone charges, even considering the larger battery size.

I got my charger today - this is the one I ordered: Rapid Wall Charger with 6 ft Cable for Micro USB LG G2 | eBay

Although it shows it comes in a Verizon box I was assuming it wasn't truly the Verizon charger. It is, cord is 6 ft long, so it fits perfectly at my bedside. :)

Upvote 0
I am using the OEM charger and cable, but I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Wireless charger. It works great. It is shaped so you can just put the phone in the cradle and a light goes on telling you it is charging. It plugs into the micro usb end of the OEM setup. All the other wireless chargers have issues, but this one is very good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones